[comp.mail.sendmail] Gateway to U.S. from Japan

ward@gctech.JUNET (Edward Ward) (07/31/90)

A question for anyone familiar with emailing internationally.

I am trying to email from Japan to the U.S.  When I save news articles the
path on the article is:

gctgw!ascgw!ccut!sun-barr!(etc..)

However, when I mail something using this as the reverse path,
the mail is returned from the ccut site with the following
message:

bad site: sun-barr

maybe someone can give me a gateway from Japan to the U.S.
Please post replies to comp.mail.sendmail.  Thanks!

Edward Ward
...!ccut!ascgw!gctgw!ward

onoe@sm.sony.co.jp (Atsushi Onoe) (08/05/90)

In article <546@gctgw.gctech.co.jp> ward@gctech.JUNET (Edward Ward) writes:

> maybe someone can give me a gateway from Japan to the U.S.
> Please post replies to comp.mail.sendmail.  Thanks!
>
> Edward Ward
> ...!ccut!ascgw!gctgw!ward

  I think you cannot send/receive e-mails to/from U.S.

  In Japan, uucp style addressing is not generally supported.  You
should use domain style addressing if you are connected with uucp.

  JUNET is a domestic network and has NO gateway to access Internet.
Only the organizations also join WIDE, TISN, UUNET or CSNET can
send/receive international e-mails in Japan.

  Additionally, the address '.JUNET' should be no longer used even
within the JUNET.
--
Atsushi Onoe	<onoe@sm.sony.co.jp>
   Workstation Div., SuperMicro Group, Sony Corporation.