[net.games.trivia] Choo-Choo Charlie

figmo@tymix.UUCP (Lynn Gold) (06/06/85)

Here's one I've been trying to find the answer out to for years:

WHAT IS THE NAME OF THE GIRL ON THE OLD "GOOD 'n' PLENTY" COMMERCIAL
WITH CHOO-CHOO CHARLIE?

If you know, please post an answer.

--Lynn

kps@teddy.UUCP (06/10/85)

Speaking of Choo-Choo Charlie, does anyone know the lyrics to the song?

boren@randvax.UUCP (Pat Boren) (06/13/85)

> Speaking of Choo-Choo Charlie, does anyone know the lyrics to the song?

Ok, I volunteer to date myself.

Once upon a time there was an engineer,
Choo-Choo Charlie was his name, we hear.
He had an engine and he sure had fun,
He used Good-N-Plenty candy to make the train run.

Charlie says, "Love my Good-N-Plenty."
Charlie says, "Makes the train run."
Charlie says, "Love my Good-N-Plenty.
It takes Good-N-Plenty candy to make the train run."

Was his girfriend Patty?
--

		Patricia Boren
		decvax!randvax!boren

G3Z@psuvm.BITNET (06/13/85)

How about these for lyrics for Choo-Choo Charlie:

Charlie says: Love my Good and Plenty.
Charlie says: Really rings the bell.
Charlie says: Love my Good and Plenty, Don't know any other candy
              that I love so well!

      GREGORY J. ZUNIC                g3z@psuvm (BITNET)
      DESMATICS, INC.                 !psuvax1!zunic(uucp)
      P.O. BOX 618                    zunic@penn-state (csnet)
      STATE COLLEGE, PA 16801         !psuvax1!psuvm.bitnet!g3z (uucp <-->
                                                  BITNET GATEWAY)

"HISTORY SHOWS AGAIN AND AGAIN HOW NATURE POINTS UP THE FOLLY OF MAN..."

sbt@cbosgd.UUCP (Shirley B. Tobias) (06/13/85)

In article <689@teddy.UUCP>, kps@teddy.UUCP writes:
> Speaking of Choo-Choo Charlie, does anyone know the lyrics to the song?

choo choo charlie was an engineer
choo choo charlie was his name we hear
he had an engine and he sure had fun
he used good 'n plenty cand to make his train run

charlie says
love that good 'n plenty
charlie says
really rings the bell (ding!)
charlie says
love that good 'n plenty
don't know any other candy that i love so well. . .

(good 'n plenty plenty good, good 'n plenty plenty good. . .)

	is that all?  the memory capacity of the human mind for completely
	useless trivia is incredible.  where was all that room when it came
	time to cram for exams?  hmmmmmmmmm. . .

twb@hoqam.UUCP (BEATTIE) (06/14/85)

> choo choo charlie was an engineer
> choo choo charlie was his name we hear
> he had an engine and he sure had fun
> he used good 'n plenty cand to make his train run
>
> charlie says
> love that good 'n plenty
> charlie says
> really rings the bell (ding!)
> charlie says
> love that good 'n plenty
> don't know any other candy that i love so well. . .
>
> (good 'n plenty plenty good, good 'n plenty plenty good. . .)

One correction, the first line is:
Once upon a time there was an engineer,

Tom.
Yinkel - n. A person who combs his hair over his bald spot, hoping
no one will notice.

jmsellens@watmath.UUCP (John M Sellens) (06/16/85)

In article <2548@randvax.UUCP> boren@randvax.UUCP (Pat Boren) writes:

> Ok, I volunteer to date myself.

I volunteered to date myself once, but I had to turn myself down.