[comp.mail.sendmail] Need a contact in Kuwait.

tnk@ares.cs.wayne.edu (Tahir Niaz Khan) (08/15/90)

I was wondering if anyone has an e-mail address of anyone in Kuwait.
I know there is a connection but I can't seem to find an address. Any
help on this matter will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

ehrlich@cs.psu.edu (Dan &) (08/16/90)

In article <1990Aug14.215955.9284@cs.wayne.edu> tnk@ares.cs.wayne.edu (Tahir Niaz Khan) writes:

Tahir> I was wondering if anyone has an e-mail address of anyone in Kuwait.
Tahir> I know there is a connection but I can't seem to find an address. Any
Tahir> help on this matter will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Does not appear to be a UUCP machine in Kuwait proper.  But I found these in
the UUCP maps for Italy, the Netherlands, and Sweden.  Hope this helps.

u.ita.1:
#N      kpit
#S
#O      Kuwait Petroleum Italia S.p.A.
#C      Sergio Chiti, Paola Cantini
#E      kpit!chiti, kpit!paola
#T      +39 6 686071
#P      Lungotevere Marzio 11, I-00186 Roma
#L      41.50N 12.35E
#R
#W      i2unix!ab 880314
#
kpit    .q8.it

u.nld.2:
#N      kpn, kpe, kpe-con, dog, .q8.nl, q8.nl
#S
#O      Kuwait Petroleum Europoort
#C      John Nellen
#E      jmn@q8.nl
#T      +31 1819 51248
#P      P.O. Box 7180, NL-3000 HD Rotterdam, Netherlands
#L      4 16 E / 51 56 N city
#U
#W      piet@cwi.nl 860124, martijn@nluug.nl 900301
#
KPNnet = {kpn, kpe, kpe-con, dog}!(LOCAL)
kpn     .q8.nl
kpn = q8.nl

u.swe.1:
#N      kps, .kps.se, .q8.se
#O      Kuwait Petroleum Sweden
#C      Pekka Nousiainen
#E      kps!peno
#T      +46 8 7990100
#P      Box 1296, S-171 25 Solna, Sweden
#L      59 19 N  17 57 E
#W      kps!peno 871108
#
kps     kps.se, .kps.se

--
Dan Ehrlich <ehrlich@cs.psu.edu>/Voice: +1 814 863 1142/FAX: +1 814 865 3176

doleh@math-cs.kent.edu (Yaser K. Doleh) (08/16/90)

In article <F+xpu_n1@cs.psu.edu>, ehrlich@cs.psu.edu (Dan &) writes:
> In article <1990Aug14.215955.9284@cs.wayne.edu> tnk@ares.cs.wayne.edu
(Tahir Niaz Khan) writes:

> Tahir> I was wondering if anyone has an e-mail address of anyone in Kuwait.
> Tahir> I know there is a connection but I can't seem to find an address. Any
> Tahir> help on this matter will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
>
> Does not appear to be a UUCP machine in Kuwait proper.  But I found these in
> the UUCP maps for Italy, the Netherlands, and Sweden.  Hope this helps.

This is what I got when I tried whois kw

Kuwait University (KW-DOM)
   P.O. Box 5969
   Safat
   KUWAIT

   Domain Name: KW

   Administrative Contact, Technical Contact, Zone Contact:
      Al-Sadoun, Humoud B.  (HBA2)  AL-SADOUN@UKWT.KW
      483-4506

   Record last updated on 15-Dec-89.

   Domain servers in listed order:

   SH.CS.NET                    192.31.103.3, 128.89.0.92
   RELAY.CS.NET                 192.31.103.4

   Top-level domain for Kuwait

   For information concerning this domain, please consult
   the Administrative Contact listed above.

I don't think you will be able to send email to Kuwait. No phone lines.

Yaser Doleh   <doleh@math-cs.kent.edu>
Department Of Mathematics & Computer Science
Kent State University
Kent - OH 44242

merlyn@iwarp.intel.com (Randal Schwartz) (08/16/90)

In article <1990Aug16.010233.23794@math-cs.kent.edu>, doleh@math-cs (Yaser K. Doleh) writes:
| This is what I got when I tried whois kw
|
| Kuwait University (KW-DOM)
|    P.O. Box 5969
|    Safat
|    KUWAIT
|
|    Domain Name: KW
|
|    Administrative Contact, Technical Contact, Zone Contact:
|       Al-Sadoun, Humoud B.  (HBA2)  AL-SADOUN@UKWT.KW
|       483-4506
|
|    Record last updated on 15-Dec-89.
|
|    Domain servers in listed order:
|
|    SH.CS.NET                    192.31.103.3, 128.89.0.92
|    RELAY.CS.NET                 192.31.103.4
|
|    Top-level domain for Kuwait
|
|    For information concerning this domain, please consult
|    the Administrative Contact listed above.
|
| I don't think you will be able to send email to Kuwait. No phone lines.

And relay.cs.net and sh.cs.net do not know anything under "kw."
according to nslookup, not even for "ukwt.kw".  So mail to that
address will fail as well.
--
/=Randal L. Schwartz, Stonehenge Consulting Services (503)777-0095 ==========\
| on contract to Intel's iWarp project, Beaverton, Oregon, USA, Sol III      |