   Date: Tue, 14 Aug 90 08:49:48 CDT
   From: Mailer-Daemon@calvin (Mail Delivery Subsystem)
   Subject: Returned mail: Remote protocol error
   To: <palkovic@linac>

   Connected to ntf:
   >>> MAIL From:<palkovic@linac>
   <<< 554 rewrite: expansion too long
   >>> QUIT
   <<< 554 rewrite: expansion too long
   554 <don@ntf.fnal.gov>... Remote protocol error

      ----- Unsent message follows -----

Net result: the Iris system does not accept the mail message for
delivery from the Sun.  It will, however, accept mail from one VAX
running Multinet. I am not aware of the Sun having problems delivering
mail to any other systems.

I posted this several days ago in comp.sys.sgi with no definitive
replies so far.  So I'm going to the experts.

Any ideas out there?  If you email replies, I will summarize. If you
post, I will read it. Thanks in advance.

--

John Palkovic (708) 840-3527 	   palkovic@fnal.bitnet,palkovic@linac.fnal.gov
University of Wisconsin-Madison    {yclept,tellab5,obdient}!linac!palkovic

palkovic@linac.fnal.gov (John A. Palkovic) (08/18/90)

In article <PALKOVIC.90Aug17112012@linac.fnal.gov> I wrote:
>System: Iris 40/70G; IRIX 3.2, Sendmail ?

I have since determined that it is sendmail 5.52.