[net.games.trivia] Underdog villians

kps@panda.UUCP (Kesavan Srinivasan) (06/07/85)

Does anyone know any or all of the villains who appeared in Underdog?

-sorry, that's all folks.

wimp@sphinx.UChicago.UUCP (Jeff Haferman) (06/10/85)

> Does anyone know any or all of the villains who appeared in Underdog?

Well, these are the ones I can think of:

   Simon Barsinister (and Cad, his "faithful assistant")
   Rif-Raf
   The Flying Sorcerers

I can remember the following episodes, but can't quite recall the villians'
names:

    1) On one episode, Rif-Raf gets a ghost ship and his crew consists
       of other villains from previous episodes  (one was "grandma" somebody,
       another was some guy who could pick locks well, can't remember any
       others)

    2) An episode with lots of robots (perhaps the work of Simon Barsinister)

    3) An episode where Underdog is almost made into a candle.  In this one
       he suffers from back pain and says over and over "When I stand straight,
       I'm as right as rain, but when I bend over, my back is full of a nagging
       pain."

QUESTIONS: (these are probably very easy for some of you)

1.  What was the name of Underdog's female friend, and what was her
    occupation?

2.  What was Underdog's occupation?

3.  Popeye's source of energy was spinach.  What was Underdog's source
    of energy and where did he find it?  (and it wasn't his female friend)

Jeff Haferman
(wimp%SPHINX@CHICAGO.ARPA)

evan@petfe.UUCP (Evan Marcus) (06/10/85)

Well, I can think of Simon Bar-Sinister (sp???), and someone
once told me that there was an Overcat???  Anyone verify this?

--Evan Marcus
--

{ucbvax|decvax}!vax135!petsd!petfe!evan
                         ...!pedsgd!pedsga!evan

"So, if she weighs the same as a duck, she is made of wood..."
"And therefore..."
"A witch!"

wimp@sphinx.UChicago.UUCP (Jeff Haferman) (06/11/85)

YES!   There was an "Overcat"!  This is driving me nuts!  I can't think of
all of those villains and I used to watch that show all the time.  Boy
am I having fun...

mmb@lzwi.UUCP (M.BURNS) (06/11/85)

	 If i remember correctly the dog villian was named Riff Raff.

					Maurice M. Burns, Esq.
					The Lonely Squire of Gothos

francini@argus.DEC (This Space Available for Rent or Lease) (06/12/85)

There was also, I recall, 'The Magnet Men', that had a penchant for eating
all the magnetic metal they could lay their claws on.  In one run-in with
them, Underdog and Sweet Polly were stuck to this huge, super-powered magnet
by their rings.

Speaking of cartoons, I'd like to start up a discussion amongst people
interested in Warner Brothers' Cartoons.

John Francini

...decvax!decwrl!dec-rhea!dec-argus!francini

sas@leadsv.UUCP (Scott Stewart) (06/12/85)

In article <640@sphinx.UChicago.UUCP>, wimp@sphinx.UChicago.UUCP (Jeff Haferman) writes:

> QUESTIONS: (these are probably very easy for some of you)
>
> 1.  What was the name of Underdog's female friend, and what was her
>     occupation?

	Pure Polly Purebred, a television news reporter.

> 2.  What was Underdog's occupation?

	A humble Shoe Shine Boy

> 3.  Popeye's source of energy was spinach.  What was Underdog's source
>     of energy and where did he find it?  (and it wasn't his female friend)

	Some type of energy pill, I believe.

				Scott A. Stewart
				LMSC

GMW@psuvm.BITNET (06/14/85)

     Wasn't there one named "The Master Cylinder"?

     Anyone remember what city U. is from?  "Big City" seems to ring a bell.

"Not plane, nor bird, nor even frog, just little old me, ... "

George M. Weaver
Penn State Astronomy Dept.
GMW at PSUVM.BITNET
...!allegra!psuvax1!gmw@psuvm.bitnet

ral@rayssd.UUCP (Roger A. Lema) (06/17/85)

=== REFERENCED ARTICLE ===================================
> From: kps@panda.UUCP (Kesavan Srinivasan)
> Newsgroups: net.games.trivia
> Subject: Underdog villians
> Date: Fri, 7-Jun-85 12:02:50 EDT
>
> Does anyone know any or all of the villains who appeared in Underdog?
>

> -sorry, that's all folks.

         SIMON BAR-SINISTER (simon says!) and RIFF-RAFF are all that comes
         to mine

                                                Roger Lema
                                                Raytheon Co.

davidl@orca.UUCP (David Levine) (06/19/85)

[ Simon says, POST NEWS! ]

In article <1858GMW@psuvm> GMW@psuvm.BITNET writes:

>     Wasn't there one named "The Master Cylinder"?

Nope, the Master Cylinder was one of the enemies of Felix the Cat.  The only
other Underdog villain I can think of is the giant (mechanical?) spiders, but
they were a one-shot.  Generally, Underdog only had to deal with Simon Bar
Sinister and occasionally Riff Raff ("It's astounding!  Time is fleeting!
Madness takes its toll..." -- er, no...)

		"Now there's something you don't see every day, Chauncey..."
			"What's that?"
		"Six-foot-tall metal-munching mice."

		- David D. Levine, the Waterloo of crime