[comp.mail.sendmail] Nutshell Handbook on sendmail doesn't exist yet

ambar@ora.com (Jean Marie Diaz) (08/17/90)

Apparently, something somewhere on the net led people to believe that
this book is imminent (we've been getting lots of calls about it).
Not so, folks.  We do have someone working on the book, but we don't
have a publishing date yet.  When it's ready, we'll announce it in
comp.newprod--look for it there.

				AMBAR
ambar@ora.com						uunet!ora!ambar
O'Reilly & Associates, Inc.  Publishers of Nutshell Handbooks
90 Sherman Street, Cambridge, MA 02140; 617-354-5800
Book Orders => 632 Petaluma Ave, Sebastopol, CA 95472
               800-338-NUTS (in CA 800-533-NUTS) FAX 707-829-0104

pte900@csc.anu.oz (Peter Elford) (08/19/90)

In article <1990Aug17.160244.633@ora.com>, ambar@ora.com (Jean Marie Diaz) writes:

> Apparently, something somewhere on the net led people to believe that
> this book is imminent (we've been getting lots of calls about it).
> Not so, folks.  We do have someone working on the book, but we don't
> have a publishing date yet.  When it's ready, we'll announce it in
> comp.newprod--look for it there.

This surprises me! We received a complimentary copy of the second edition last
week (AARNet, through Geoff Huston, was a contributor). The local distributor
in Australia even acknowledges it's existence, but won't be able to ship it
until October. Is this what you mean by not available ?

Peter Elford,
AARNet

ambar@ora.com (Jean Marie Diaz) (08/20/90)

   From: pte900@csc.anu.oz (Peter Elford)
   Date: 19 Aug 90 07:51:49 GMT

   In article <1990Aug17.160244.633@ora.com>, ambar@ora.com (Jean Marie Diaz) writes:
   > Apparently, something somewhere on the net led people to believe that
   > [our Nutshell Handbook on sendmail] is imminent [...]

   This surprises me! We received a complimentary copy of the second
   edition last week (AARNet, through Geoff Huston, was a contributor).

You're thinking of a different book--!%@:: A Directory of Electronic
Mail Addressing & Networks, by Donnalyn Frey and Rick Adams, published
by us.  That book is in its second edition.  The book I originally
posted about will be titled _Sendmail in a Nutshell_ (or something
similar), and is not yet available.

pte900@csc.anu.oz (Peter Elford) (08/21/90)

In article <1990Aug20.153656.475@ora.com>, ambar@ora.com (Jean Marie Diaz) writes:
>    From: pte900@csc.anu.oz (Peter Elford)
>    Date: 19 Aug 90 07:51:49 GMT
>
>    In article <1990Aug17.160244.633@ora.com>, ambar@ora.com (Jean Marie Diaz) writes:
>    > Apparently, something somewhere on the net led people to believe that
>    > [our Nutshell Handbook on sendmail] is imminent [...]
>
>    This surprises me! We received a complimentary copy of the second
>    edition last week (AARNet, through Geoff Huston, was a contributor).
>
> You're thinking of a different book--!%@:: A Directory of Electronic
> Mail Addressing & Networks, by Donnalyn Frey and Rick Adams, published
> by us.  That book is in its second edition.  The book I originally
> posted about will be titled _Sendmail in a Nutshell_ (or something
> similar), and is not yet available.

Jean is right of course - I didn't read the original posting closely
enough. Nevertheless, I'm still looking forward to the sendmail Nutshell
(like everybody else).

Ever thought about doing a c-news or b-news Nutshell ?

Peter Elford,
AARNet

tkevans@fallst.UUCP (Tim Evans) (08/23/90)

In <2677.26d16865@csc.anu.oz> pte900@csc.anu.oz (Peter Elford) writes:

>Ever thought about doing a c-news or b-news Nutshell ?

It's called _Managing UUCP and USENET_ and has been out for several
years.
--
UUCP:		{rutgers|ames|uunet}!mimsy!woodb!fallst!tkevans
INTERNET:	tkevans%fallst@wb3ffv.ampr.org