[net.games.trivia] BONANZA TV SHOW

lmv@houxa.UUCP (L.VANDERBILT) (06/05/85)

Does anyone out there know who Pernell Roberts( later went on
to Trapper John fame).. played on the Bonanza show?  We think
it was the oldest brother but what was the character's name??

cornell!vax135!houxm!houxa!lmv

man@bocar.UUCP (M Nevar) (06/05/85)

Yes Pernell Roberts did play on Bonanza for the first year or so.
After that, he decided to quit and live in the country.  He was
the oldest brother, but I don't remember his name.

jeb@zeta.UUCP (John Berry) (06/06/85)

Parnell(sp) Roberts played the oldest brother Adam.

jmb@cbdkc1.UUCP ( Jim Brohard 45810 x4880 ) (06/06/85)

I think his name was Adam C.

ron@aicchi.UUCP (Ron Spizzirri) (06/06/85)

In article <689@houxa.UUCP> lmv@houxa.UUCP (L.VANDERBILT) writes:
>Does anyone out there know who Pernell Roberts( later went on
>to Trapper John fame).. played on the Bonanza show?  We think
>it was the oldest brother but what was the character's name??
>
>cornell!vax135!houxm!houxa!lmv

He played Adam. I also remember Little Joe and Hoss; does anyone remember the
father's name or the cook's name?

--
				Ron Spizzirri
				Analysts International Corporation (Chicago)

boughter@mcc-db.UUCP (Ellen Boughter) (06/06/85)

> Does anyone out there know who Pernell Roberts( later went on
> to Trapper John fame).. played on the Bonanza show?  We think
> it was the oldest brother but what was the character's name??
>
> cornell!vax135!houxm!houxa!lmv
It was, indeed, the oldest brother, whose name was Adam.
Ellen Boughter

lmv@houxa.UUCP (L.VANDERBILT) (06/06/85)

in article 2059, someone asks for the name of the father and the cook?

i believe the father was Ben Cartwright and the cook was Hop Sing!!

cornell!vax135!houxm!houxa!lmv

jkw@lanl.ARPA (06/07/85)

> Does anyone out there know who Pernell Roberts( later went on
> to Trapper John fame).. played on the Bonanza show?  We think
> it was the oldest brother but what was the character's name??
>
> cornell!vax135!houxm!houxa!lmv

I think his character name was Adam Cartwright.  Cartwheel ???

The others were:
		Lorne Greene - Ben (Pa)
		Dan Blocker - Hoss
		Michael Landon - Little Joe

They lived on a ranch called the Ponderosa which was about 1/2 the size of
Texas.

       ~ Round the decay of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare ~
       ~ The lone and level sands stretch far away................. ~
	  Jay Wooten  Los Alamos National Lab  ARPA:jkw@lanl.ARPA

bfrommer@mrvax.DEC (06/07/85)

	Pernell Roberts did indeed play the oldest brother on Bonanza.
	His name (drumroll, please) was Adam.

					bob

	"...decvax!decwrl!rhea!vlnvax!bfrommer

tortorino@hamstr.DEC (Sandy T., MKO1-2/H32, 264-5977) (06/07/85)

Parnell Roberts played the oldest son, Adam Cartwright.  And boy, was he
good-looking before his hair shifted to the lower part of his face!

	Sandy T.

master@fluke.UUCP (Joel Masterman) (06/07/85)

> Does anyone out there know who Pernell Roberts( later went on
> to Trapper John fame).. played on the Bonanza show?  We think
> it was the oldest brother but what was the character's name??
>
> cornell!vax135!houxm!houxa!lmv

***  REPLACE THIS LINE WITH A HAMBURGER  ***

Why of course,  his name was Adam ( if I remember correctly ).

....Wondering Where I Am.....

Joel Masterman
John Fluke Mfg. Co., Inc. MS 258-C
P.O. Box C9090 Everett WA 98206
(206) 356-5675
{uw-beaver,decvax!microsof,ucbvax!lbl-csam,allegra,ssc-vax}!fluke!master

mupmalis@watarts.UUCP (M. A. Upmalis) (06/09/85)

In article <26900@lanl.ARPA> jkw@lanl.ARPA writes:
>> Does anyone out there know who Pernell Roberts( later went on
>> to Trapper John fame).. played on the Bonanza show?  We think
>> it was the oldest brother but what was the character's name??
>I think his character name was Adam Cartwright.  Cartwheel ???
>
>They lived on a ranch called the Ponderosa which was about 1/2 the size of
>Texas.

The actual size was 600,000 acres, I seem to remember one episode they
rode for days and never got off the ranch...

--
Mike Upmalis	(mupmalis@watarts)<University of Waterloo>

		ihnp4!watmath!watarts!mupmalis

steven@luke.UUCP (Steven List) (06/09/85)

In article <689@houxa.UUCP> lmv@houxa.UUCP (L.VANDERBILT) writes:
>Does anyone out there know who Pernell Roberts( later went on
>to Trapper John fame).. played on the Bonanza show?  We think
>it was the oldest brother but what was the character's name??
>
>cornell!vax135!houxm!houxa!lmv

You're right, he was the oldest brother - Adam.  Then Dan Blocker as Hoss
and good old Michael Landon as the baby, Little Joe.

Steven
--
***
*  Steven List @ Benetics Corporation  *  (415) 940-6300

campbell@maynard.UUCP (06/10/85)

> Yes Pernell Roberts did play on Bonanza for the first year or so.
> After that, he decided to quit and live in the country.  He was
> the oldest brother, but I don't remember his name.

His name was Adam Cartwright.

ech@spuxll.UUCP (Ned Horvath) (06/11/85)

>>They lived on a ranch called the Ponderosa which was about 1/2 the size of
>>Texas.

>The actual size was 600,000 acres, I seem to remember one episode they
>rode for days and never got off the ranch...

I had a horse like that once...

=Ned=

suze@terak.UUCP (Suzanne Barnett) (06/11/85)

> > Does anyone out there know who Pernell Roberts( later went on
> > to Trapper John fame).. played on the Bonanza show?  We think
> > it was the oldest brother but what was the character's name??
> >
> > cornell!vax135!houxm!houxa!lmv
>
> I think his character name was Adam Cartwright.  Cartwheel ???
>
> The others were:
> 		Lorne Greene - Ben (Pa)
> 		Dan Blocker - Hoss
> 		Michael Landon - Little Joe
>
> They lived on a ranch called the Ponderosa which was about 1/2 the size of
> Texas.
> 	  Jay Wooten  Los Alamos National Lab  ARPA:jkw@lanl.ARPA

Bonanza was one of my favorites. So here's a challenge.
How many times was Ben Cartwright married and how many
children did he have by each wife?

Also, which if any of his children married?
--
Suzanne Barnett

uucp:	 ...{decvax,hao,ihnp4,seismo}!noao!terak!suze
phone:	 602 998 4800
us mail: Terak Corporation, 14151 N 76th street, Scottsdale, AZ 85260

bobhic@aluxe.UUCP (ADOLT) (06/11/85)

> In article <689@houxa.UUCP> lmv@houxa.UUCP (L.VANDERBILT) writes:
> >Does anyone out there know who Pernell Roberts( later went on
> >to Trapper John fame).. played on the Bonanza show?  We think
> >it was the oldest brother but what was the character's name??
> >
> >cornell!vax135!houxm!houxa!lmv
>
> You're right, he was the oldest brother - Adam.  Then Dan Blocker as Hoss
> and good old Michael Landon as the baby, Little Joe.
>
> Steven

*** REPLACE THIS LINE WITH YOUR MESS ***

Based on the number of correct answers to this question, I
assume there are a lot of Bonanza fans around.

And, I seem to recall that each of the boys had a different
mother.  If this is correct, does anyone know the name of
Adam's, Hoss's, and Little Joe's mother ?  I don't.

sas@leadsv.UUCP (Scott Stewart) (06/12/85)

In article <486@aicchi.UUCP>, ron@aicchi.UUCP (Ron Spizzirri) writes:
> In article <689@houxa.UUCP> lmv@houxa.UUCP (L.VANDERBILT) writes:
> >Does anyone out there know who Pernell Roberts( later went on
> >to Trapper John fame).. played on the Bonanza show?  We think
> >it was the oldest brother but what was the character's name??
> >
> >cornell!vax135!houxm!houxa!lmv
>
> He played Adam. I also remember Little Joe and Hoss; does anyone remember the
> father's name or the cook's name?

The father's name was Ben.

waltt@tekecs.UUCP (Walt Tucker) (06/13/85)

> Parnell Roberts played the oldest son, Adam Cartwright.  And boy, was he
> good-looking before his hair shifted to the lower part of his face!
>
> 	Sandy T.

About 15 years ago, I remember seeing an article about the success of BONANZA.
The article chronicled the cast changes, etc.  It has been too long ago to
remember all the particulars, but I seem to recall that Parnell Roberts went
bald at a rather young age and actually wore a toupee during his stint on
the show.  I think that this was his choice.  He wanted to be presented to
the television viewing audience with hair rather than without it (seems he
thought it helped his image a bit more as this was somewhat early in his
acting career and being bald somewhat limited his career paths).  It seems
he also left the show because of some sort of dispute.  I don't remember if
it was money, contract, hair, scandal, personality conflict or what the
dispute was.

Of course, all this is dredging pretty far back into my memory.  Can anybody
verify the above?

                               -- Walt Tucker
                                  Tektronix, Inc.

> The actor who played Candy was David Canary.

Didn't Mitch Vogel play for half a season on Bonanza?  Maybe it was only
a guest shot, as this has been a long time ago.  BTW, what ever happened
to him?  He seemed to be a pretty hot young actor on the rise in the early
70's, then kind of disappeared (sort of like Billy Mumy).

                           -- Walt Tucker

jkw@lanl.ARPA (06/20/85)

> Bonanza was one of my favorites. So here's a challenge.
> How many times was Ben Cartwright married and how many
> children did he have by each wife?
>
> Also, which if any of his children married?
> --
> Suzanne Barnett

Seems to me I recall Little Joe getting married (or maybe was about to get
married) but his wife (or wife-to-be) died.

       ~ Dust in the wind...All we are is dust in the wind......... ~
	  Jay Wooten  Los Alamos National Lab  ARPA:jkw@lanl.ARPA