mail systems.  A typical header follows :

From darrell@bond Mon Sep 10 10:17:57 1990
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 90 10:17:40 EST
From: darrell@faceng.anu.oz.au (Darrell Williamson)
To: ivan@anucsd

As you can see, I've been able to hack the line beginning with 'From:' so that
it looks like I want it to, but I have never been able to alter the line
beginning with 'From '.  Can anyone explain the difference between the two,
and possibly explain how I can control what appears in it ? Why do some mail
systems reply to the 'From:' line, and others to the 'From ' line ?

Please reply by email, I can summarise if interest is shown.

System: Sun 4/20's and Sun 4/65 running SunOS 4.1 All running standard
sendmail.nomx.

Ivan Dean                               ivan@anucsd.anu.oz.au
Computer Science Department
Australian National University