[comp.mail.sendmail] Sendmail 5.64 IDA 1.3.4 Problem

paul@uxc.cso.uiuc.edu (Paul Pomes - UofIllinois CSO) (09/12/90)

rob@uokmax.uucp (Robert K Shull) writes:

>I'm having a problem with sendmail. The symptom is that any mail to an Internet
>site which has an A record, but no MX record "disappears". The log file, and
>mail -v both indicate that the message is sent, but it's never seen again.
>Mail seems to work correctly on the local machine, and to machines with
>MX records. The addresses in the header look correct.
>It looks like no connection is ever made to the remote system. However, running
>sendmail in address test mode with a problem address seems to result in
>a correct parse (as compared to a "working" address).

I'd like to help but your sendmail daemon isn't running (so I can't send you
email), your finger information doesn't list phone numbers (so I can't call
you), you have messages turned off (so I can't talk(1) you), but you DO have
everyone's Social Security number listed (so I can file bogus 1099 forms).

*Sigh*

Can you provide the name of a site that's associated with the disappearing
mail?

/pbp
--
         Paul Pomes

UUCP: {att,iuvax,uunet}!uiucuxc!paul   Internet, BITNET: paul@uxc.cso.uiuc.edu
US Mail:  UofIllinois, CSO, 1304 W Springfield Ave, Urbana, IL  61801-2910