[comp.mail.sendmail] Sendmail 5.61 on SunOS4.1 crashes on long lists

lws@capybara.comm.wang.com (Lyle Seaman) (12/06/90)

wbc@moose.dartmouth.edu writes:

>I am running sendmail 5.61 on a sun-3 running SunOS4.1, and
>when I send mail to a list of 100 people I get a crash in
>logdelivery- with a bad stack address.  dbx says

>attempt to read stack failed - bad frame pointer
>signal SEGV (no mapping at the fault address) in syslog at 0xdcce748
>syslog+0x16:            unlk    a6

I've seen and hacked around this.  It's the 'to' list in the call
to syslog.  I'm almost ashamed to admit in a public forum how I
fixed this.  Well, I stuck a '\0' in ...to[512].  Hey, it works,
and I only had to spend 5 minutes on it.  If you want to do it 'RIGHT'
you might fix syslog().

Lyle       X72322        lws@capybara.comm.wang.com