[comp.mail.sendmail] Sendmail 5.65 IDA 1.4.2 Help

wrl@wdl1.wdl.loral.com (Bill Lewandowski) (12/16/90)

Hi,
Need some help,
I have gotten the last 5.65 IDA 1.4.2.

I get the following:

echo 'char datecompiled[] = "' `date` '";' >datecompiled.c
cc -O -I.   -o sendmail datecompiled.c alias.o arpadate.o clock.o collect.o conf
o convtime.o daemon.o  deliver.o domain.o envelope.o err.o getloadavg.o headers
o  macro.o main.o parseaddr.o queue.o readcf.o recipient.o  savemail.o srvrsmtp
o stab.o stats.o sysexits.o trace.o  usersmtp.o util.o version.o getenv.o seten
v.o strcasecmp.o -ldbm -Bstatic
Undefined:
__res
_h_errno
_dn_skipname
_res_search
_dn_expand
_res_init
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `sendmail'

System: Sun 3 4.0.3 w/yellow Pages.

I'm not a c programmer but I have been able to compile
IDA for thew last few years with no problems.

Thanks

Bill Lewandowski		LORAL Western Development Labs
(408) 473-4362			Internet: wrl@wdl1.wdl.loral.com
FAX: (408) 473-7926		UUCP: wdl1!wrl

paul@uxc.cso.uiuc.edu (Paul Pomes - UofIllinois CSO) (12/16/90)

wrl@wdl1.wdl.loral.com (Bill Lewandowski) writes:

>Hi,
>Need some help,
>I have gotten the last 5.65 IDA 1.4.2.
>
>I get the following:

>Undefined:
>__res
>_h_errno
>_dn_skipname
>_res_search
>_dn_expand
>_res_init
>*** Error code 1
>make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `sendmail'

Use the "dsendmail" target which pulls in -lresolv that has the missing
routines.  Some older resolver libraries are missing the res_search() call
and should be replaced.

/pbp
--
         Paul Pomes

UUCP: {att,iuvax,uunet}!uiucuxc!paul   Internet, BITNET: paul@uxc.cso.uiuc.edu
US Mail:  UofIllinois, CSO, 1304 W Springfield Ave, Urbana, IL  61801-2910