[net.games.trivia] Batman trivia

wimp@sphinx.UChicago.UUCP (Jeff Haferman) (06/24/85)

I don't have anything to say, but I would be interested in reading some
good trivia on Batman.

howard@sfmag.UUCP (H.M.Moskovitz) (06/24/85)

> I don't have anything to say, but I would be interested in reading some
> good trivia on Batman.

Okay, how about this?

	1) Name the two actors who played the Riddler (in chronological
		order).

	2) Name the THREE actresses who played Catwoman.

	3) Where was the switch that accessed the batcave located?

	4) What was the relationship between Bruce Wayne and Dick Grayson?

	5) Which villians were played by the following actors?

		a) Vincent Price
		b) Burgess Meredith
		c) Cesar Romaro
		d) Victor Buono

	6) Who was the only villian ever to find and infiltrate the Batcave?

						Howard Moskovitz
						AT&T Info. Systems
						attunix!howard

kps@teddy.UUCP (06/26/85)

In article <615@sfmag.UUCP> howard@sfmag.UUCP (H.M.Moskovitz) writes:
>Okay, how about this?
>
>	1) Name the two actors who played the Riddler (in chronological
>		order).

	I believe they were Frank Gorshin and John Astin, who
	also played Mr. Adams in "The Adams Family".

>	2) Name the THREE actresses who played Catwoman.

	Would you settle for two:
	Julie Newmar & Eartha Kitt.
	I beleive the other portrayed the Catwoman in the Batman movie.

>	3) Where was the switch that accessed the batcave located?

	It was under the head of a bust in the study of Wayne Manor.
	This switch opened the secret elevator to the Batcave.

>	4) What was the relationship between Bruce Wayne and Dick Grayson?

	Dick Grayson was Bruce Wayne's youthful ward.

>	5) Which villians were played by the following actors?
>
>		a) Vincent Price
		   Egghead
>		b) Burgess Meredith
		   Penguin
>		c) Cesar Romaro
		   Joker
>		d) Victor Buono
		   King Tut

>	6) Who was the only villian ever to find and infiltrate the Batcave?

	   I think there were more than one.  I know Penguin was in the
	   Batcave.  There was one episode in which Joker, Penguin, and
	   the Riddler (I think) hid out in the trunk of the Batmobile
	   and were driven into the Batcave.

Now another question:

	How many villains were there, and who were they?

That should keep you people occupied for a while.

broehl@wateng.UUCP (Bernie Roehl) (06/27/85)

<>

	1) Name the two actors who played the Riddler (in chronological
		order).

Frank Gorshin, John Astin (of Addams Family fame)

	2) Name the THREE actresses who played Catwoman.

Julie Newmar, Earth Kitt, Lee Meriwhether (in the film)

	3) Where was the switch that accessed the batcave located?

In a bust of William Shakespeare in Bruce Wayne's private study.

	4) What was the relationship between Bruce Wayne and Dick Grayson?

Dick was his "youthful ward"

	5) Which villians were played by the following actors?

		a) Vincent Price      = Egghead
		b) Burgess Meredith   = The Penguin
		c) Cesar Romaro       = The Joker
		d) Victor Buono       = King Tut

	6) Who was the only villian ever to find and infiltrate the Batcave?

Sorry, you've stumped me on this one.  The Penguin?

--
        -Bernie Roehl    (University of Waterloo)
	...decvax!watmath!wateng!broehl

edward@ukma.UUCP (Edward C. Bennett) (06/27/85)

In article <615@sfmag.UUCP>, howard@sfmag.UUCP (H.M.Moskovitz) writes:

> Okay, how about this?
>
> 	1) Name the two actors who played the Riddler (in chronological
> 		order).

	Offhand all I can remember is Frank Gorshin.

> 	2) Name the THREE actresses who played Catwoman.

	Ertha Kitt (sp?), Lee Meriwheter, Julie Newmar
		(Somebody spell these correctly please)

> 	3) Where was the switch that accessed the batcave located?

	Too easy. In Shakespear's neck.

> 	4) What was the relationship between Bruce Wayne and Dick Grayson?

	"Bruce Wayne and his youthful ward Dick Grayson"

> 	5) Which villians were played by the following actors?
>
> 		a) Vincent Price

		Egghead

> 		b) Burgess Meredith

		The Penguin

> 		c) Cesar Romaro

		The Joker

> 		d) Victor Buono

		King Tut

> 	6) Who was the only villian ever to find and infiltrate the Batcave?

	King Tut.

> 						Howard Moskovitz
> 						AT&T Info. Systems
> 						attunix!howard

	My turn. Who played

		a) The Siren
		b) Mr. Freeze	(Wasn't that his name?)
		c) Louie the Liliac

--
edward
		{decvax,ihnp4,mhuxt,seismo}! -+-> cbosgd! --> ukma!edward

    |--		"Well, what's on the television then?"
   /|---	"Looks like a penguin."
  |     \  _
   \___/ \=	Support barrier free design

kwc@cvl.UUCP (Kenneth W. Crist Jr.) (06/27/85)

> > I don't have anything to say, but I would be interested in reading some
> > good trivia on Batman.
>
> Okay, how about this?
>
> 	1) Name the two actors who played the Riddler (in chronological
> 		order).

           Frank Gorshin and John Astin
> 	2) Name the THREE actresses who played Catwoman.

           Julie Newmar, Lee Merriweather,Eartha Kitt

> 	3) Where was the switch that accessed the batcave located?
          In the bust of Shakespeare on the desk in the study

> 	4) What was the relationship between Bruce Wayne and Dick Grayson?
           Hot and Heavy. Dick was Bruce's ward.

           Bad question. In the tv show---- King Tut, Penguin and Joker
                         In the movie------ Penguin and four(five) thugs

> 						Howard Moskovitz
> 						AT&T Info. Systems
> 						attunix!howard

                                                Kenneth Crist, Jr.
						Computer Vision Lab
						University of Marland

sas@leadsv.UUCP (Scott Stewart) (06/27/85)

In article <615@sfmag.UUCP>, howard@sfmag.UUCP (H.M.Moskovitz) writes:

> Okay, how about this?

		I make no promises that any name spelled here is
			spelled correctly.

> 	1) Name the two actors who played the Riddler (in chronological
> 		order).

		Frank Gorshin
		John Astin *

> 	2) Name the THREE actresses who played Catwoman.

		Lee Meriwether *
		Julie Newmar *
		Eartha Kitt *

> 	3) Where was the switch that accessed the batcave located?

		Inside a small bronze bust on Bruce's desk,
		which was access by tiltinting the head back.

> 	4) What was the relationship between Bruce Wayne and Dick Grayson?

		Dick was Bruce's ward

> 	5) Which villians were played by the following actors?
>
> 		a) Vincent Price

			Egghead *

> 		b) Burgess Meredith

			Penquin

> 		c) Cesar Romaro

			Joker

> 		d) Victor Buono

			King Tut

> 	6) Who was the only villian ever to find and infiltrate the Batcave?

			King Tut, but lost his memory of the location
				later when he reverted to his real
				identity

	* Answers were provided with a little help from my
		friends

				Scott A. Stewart
				LMSC

bfrommer@mrvax.DEC (06/27/85)

>	1) Name the two actors who played the Riddler (in chronological
>		order).

		Only one I can think of is Frank Gorshen (Gorsham ?)

>	2) Name the THREE actresses who played Catwoman.

>	3) Where was the switch that accessed the batcave located?

		Concealed under the head of a bust of Beethoven.

>	4) What was the relationship between Bruce Wayne and Dick Grayson?

		Dick was Bruce's ward.

>	5) Which villians were played by the following actors?

		a) Vincent Price
		b) Burgess Meredith   - the Penguin
		c) Cesar Romaro	      - the Joker
		d) Victor Buono

>	6) Who was the only villian ever to find and infiltrate the Batcave?

		Though several villains have been into the Batcave, I believe
		the one you are looking for is King Tut.

							bob

lmv@houxa.UUCP (L.VANDERBILT) (06/27/85)

> 	1) Name the two actors who played the Riddler (in chronological
> 		order).
>
> 	2) Name the THREE actresses who played Catwoman.

		1.  Lee Meriweather (sp)
		2.  Julie Newmar
		3.  Eartha Kitt ???

> 	3) Where was the switch that accessed the batcave located?

		In the library underneath a statue (bust) ?

> 	4) What was the relationship between Bruce Wayne and Dick Grayson?

		Bruce Wayne was ward (whatever that means) to Dick Grayson

> 	5) Which villians were played by the following actors?
>
> 		a) Vincent Price
> 		b) Burgess Meredith

			The Penquin

> 		c) Cesar Romaro

			The Joker

> 		d) Victor Buono
>
> 	6) Who was the only villian ever to find and infiltrate the Batcave?

		I'm not positive but didn't the catwoman and
		the joker both at separate times get in the bat cave.

>						Howard Moskovitz

cornell!vax135!houxm!houxa!lmv

ran@edsel.UUCP (RA Novo) (06/28/85)

The penguin was in the batcave disguised as a commodore or something in
the pilot episode of Batman. Furthermore, he was in there with several
of his henchmen who were dehydrated, and then disintegrated when they
were rehydrated with heavy water.

The Joker once made it down the batpoles, but trusty Alfred made sure that
he didn't make it all the way down to the Batcave.

Here's a list of all the villians I can remember.

The Joker	Cesar Romero
The Penguin	Burgess Meredith
The Riddler 	Frank Gorshin & John Astin
The Catwoman	Lee Meriwether, Eartha Kitt & Julie Newmar
King Tut	Victor Buono
Shane		Cliff Robertson
The Egghead	Vincent Price
Louie the Lilac Milton Berle
Minerva		Zsa Zsa Gabor
Chandell	Liberace
Mr. Freeze	Eli Wallach, George Sanders & Otto Preminger
The Siren	Joan Collins
Marsha, Queen
 of Diamonds	Carolyn Jones
Ma Barker	Shelly Winters
False Face 	?
Mr & Mrs Zodiac Howard Duff & Ida Lupino
The Sandman	?
The Minstrel	Van Johnson
The Archer	Art Carney
The Mad Hatter	David Wayne
?		Jill St. John
Lord Fogg	?
Olga		Anne Baxter
?		Ethel Merman
Lucky Pierre	Pierre Salinger

I also remember an episode where the villians were two magicians who used
cheap theatre gags in all the crimes. One of them operated out of a trick
shop. I can't remember the characters name or who played them though.

Can anyone add anybody to this list?
Extra question: What powers/gags to these villians have?

					Robert A. Novo
					AT & T Bell Labs
					Piscataway, NJ
					bentley!ran

ajd@yodel.UUCP (Andrew J. Davis) (06/28/85)

[1] Third Catwoman Actress
    -- I believe that Lee Meriwether (sp?) played Catwoman in the Batman movie.

[2] Villains
	[1] Riddler
	[2] Joker
	[3] Penguin
	[4] Catwoman
	[5] King Tut
	[6] Egg Head
	[7] Clock King
	[8] Dr. Somnambula (sp?)
	[9] Bookworm
       [10] Siren (played by Joan Collins)
       [11] Ma Parker

	-- There must be a few others but I can't think of the.

How about this question...

	Name the actors/actresses that appeared in both episodes of
Star Trek and Batman.  After all they did air very close to the same
time.

UUCP: decvax!yodel!ajd
ENET: decwrl::yodel::ajd

lmv@houxa.UUCP (L.VANDERBILT) (06/28/85)

I remember an episode where the Catwoman was in the batcave,
her and batman were involved in a steamy struggle, and she
was about to fall into a tank of some chemical that would kill
her. if i remember correctly batman could have let her fall in
but instead he held on to her.   if this wasn't the catwoman what
villian was it - i definitely remember it was in the batcave,
does anyone else remember an episode like this???

also doesn't anyone remember BATGIRL?

edward@ukma.UUCP (Edward C. Bennett) (06/30/85)

	King Tut somehow deduced that the Batcave was under stately Wayne
Manor. He purchased a neighboring piece of property and dug a tunnel under
Wayne Manor to the Batcave. He broke through the final wall by zooming down
his mine shaft in an ore car and busting through.

	In this same episode, Batman and Robin had to run back up the tunnel
and 'break the 2 minute mile'.

--
	{decvax,ihnp4,mhuxt,seismo}! -+-> cbosgd! --> ukma!edward
    	{clyde,osu-eddie,ulysses}! ---|

		<Buckle up!>
		"Bateries to power. Turbines to speed."
		"Alright. Ready to move out."
		<SCREEEEEECH!!!>

bob@yodel.UUCP (Bob Russes) (07/01/85)

	Here's a villian that seems to have been forgotten about:

	Louie the Lilac -- Milton Berle

/Bob

Digital Equipment Corporation
Internal Software Services
Marlboro, MA

alan@cae780.UUCP (Alan M. Steinberg) (07/01/85)

In article <104@yodel.UUCP> ajd@yodel.UUCP (Andrew J. Davis) writes:

>How about this question...
>
>	Name the actors/actresses that appeared in both episodes of
>Star Trek and Batman.  After all they did air very close to the same
>time.

"Captain, monitors are picking up an alien vessel."

"Spock, can you identify it?"

"It appears to be a feline-shaped vessel.  I believe Terrans call it a..."

"Cat!  So, Cat Woman, you're on the prowl again.  Quick, Scotty, to the
Batshuttle..."

"Holy Dilithium, Captain, the ship cannot take it much more, after the Riddler
reversed polarity..."

	I'm sorry.  I couldn't resist.  Actually, two of your answers are there.Can you spot them?
--

                             Alan Steinberg
                             {ucbvax}!decwrl!amdcad!cae780!alan

"Oh, the weather is here. I wish you were beautiful..." -- Jimmy Buffett

michaelf@ISM780.UUCP (07/02/85)

	     Didn't Catwoman make it into the Batcave, too?

	     I think Martin Landau was False Face.

	     What was the license plate number of the Batmobile
	     and how many miles was the Batcave from Gotham City?

	     I loved the way they used those wierd angles
	     when they showed the criminals (Crooked angles, I'm sure).

sas@leadsv.UUCP (Scott Stewart) (07/02/85)

> > 	6) Who was the only villian ever to find and infiltrate the Batcave?

This question seams to be causing a lot of different answers. Every major
villain (Catwoman, Riddler, Joker, & Penquin) has been mentioned as the
correct answer. Now it may be true that all of them have been in the Batcave,
but I believe the question is asking for the villain who found and infiltrated
the Batcave through his own reasoning and efforts. To illustrate this better,
in the movie Penquin did get into the Batcave, but Batman gave him some
Batgas and knocked him out. The Penquin did not know the location of the
Batcave, and wouldn't be able to find it again. I believe in another episode
some villain hid in the trunk of the Batmobile, so that villain also
infiltrated the Batcave, but did not find it. The only villain I can
remember who deduced where the Batcave was, and then infiltrated by means
of the sewer system or some old abondon mine shafts, or sometyhing like that
was King Tut. Fortunately for our heros, he shifted back to his
non-criminal personality (remember he had a split personality) during
the fight and lost all memory of the Batcave's location.
	Will the author of the questions please clear up the debate going
on by letting us know waht answer he was looking for, and if my argument
above is correct.

					Scott A. Stewart
					LMSC

sheppard@convexs.UUCP (07/03/85)

I can remember one more Batman villain - Roddy McDowell played the
"Bookworm". I don't ever remember Jill St. John playing a "premium"
villain(ess?) - she did play a sidekick of the Riddler (Frank Gorshin),
who, disguised as Robin, made it into the Batcave and subsequently
died when she fell into the Batreactor.

Andy Sheppard
Convex Computer Corporation

ccs019@ucdavis.UUCP (Allan McKillop) (07/04/85)

Alan Steinberg writes:
> In article <104@yodel.UUCP> ajd@yodel.UUCP (Andrew J. Davis) writes:
> >
> >How about this question...
> >
> >	Name the actors/actresses that appeared in both episodes of
> >Star Trek and Batman.  After all they did air very close to the same
> >time.

> "It appears to be a feline-shaped vessel.  I believe Terrans call it a..."
>
> "Cat!  So, Cat Woman, you're on the prowl again.  Quick, Scotty, to the
> Batshuttle..."

But the origional question asked about the series, and Lee Meriweather (sp?)
played catwoman in the movie.

Anyway, the only one I could come up with off the top of my (pointed)
head was Joan Collins.

--

Allan McKillop
(...ucbvax!ucdavis!minnie!ccs019)

" Where there's a will, there's a relative..."

ccrrick@ucdavis.UUCP (Rick Heli) (07/05/85)

> > > 	6) Who was the only villian ever to find and infiltrate the Batcave?
>
> This question seams to be causing a lot of different answers. Every major
> villain (Catwoman, Riddler, Joker, & Penquin) has been mentioned as the
> correct answer. Now it may be true that all of them have been in the Batcave,
> but I believe the question is asking for the villain who found and infiltrated
> the Batcave through his own reasoning and efforts. To illustrate this better,
> in the movie Penquin did get into the Batcave, but Batman gave him some
> Batgas and knocked him out. The Penquin did not know the location of the
> Batcave, and wouldn't be able to find it again. I believe in another episode

I believe that this was movie.  He had his "dehydrated" men
with him.  After he added water, the men came alive.  Unfortunately,
for him, when hit they disappeared.  And if it was the movie, I
think that, given the nature of the evildoers' alliance, that the
Joker (at least) was probably there as well.

> some villain hid in the trunk of the Batmobile, so that villain also
> infiltrated the Batcave, but did not find it.

I think this was the Joker.

The only villain I can
> remember who deduced where the Batcave was, and then infiltrated by means
> of the sewer system or some old abondon mine shafts, or sometyhing like that
> was King Tut. Fortunately for our heros, he shifted back to his
> non-criminal personality (remember he had a split personality) during
> the fight and lost all memory of the Batcave's location.

He was tunnelling around "stately Wayne manor."  Unfortunately, all
this disruption caused a mild earthquake and a rock fell down and
hit Tut on the head.  Instant amnesia.  Really.  That's the only
thing that saved Batman's bacon that time.  A weaker way out than the
usual utility belt device.  And Batman admitted it, "Geology is, at
best, an inexact science."  (or something like that)

It seems to me like these are all answers to the question.  Whether
or not the infiltration was repeatable is not the point to the
villains, only that they could penetrate the cave and perform their
evildoing.
--
					--rick heli
					(... ucbvax!ucdavis!groucho!ccrrick)

bccarty@whuts.UUCP (Brian C. Carty) (07/05/85)

> > >	Name the actors/actresses that appeared in both episodes of
> > >Star Trek and Batman.  After all they did air very close to the same
> > >time.

> > "It appears to be a feline-shaped vessel.  I believe Terrans call it a..."
> >
> > "Cat!  So, Cat Woman, you're on the prowl again.  Quick, Scotty, to the
> > Batshuttle..."

> But the origional question asked about the series, and Lee Meriweather (sp?)
> played catwoman in the movie.
>
> Anyway, the only one I could come up with off the top of my (pointed)
> head was Joan Collins.

Then you have forgotten that Julie Newmar (also Catwoman) appeared as
Eleen in ST's Friday's Child episode.  The other clue I believe referred
to Frank Gorshin (Riddler), who was one of the two aliens in Let That Be
Your Last Battlefield.

plate@dicomed.UUCP (Doug Plate) (07/05/85)

a supply of Carbomite and if you know what's good for you...

Let's see,  actors that appeared on both Star Trek and Batman:

Julie Newmar played both the Catwomen on Batman and the High Teir's wife on S.T.
Lee Meriwether : Catwoman  -  Computer generated image which protected a ghost
ghost planet
Frank Gorshin: Riddler - half black, half white alien
Yvonne  Craig: Batgirl - green alien at rehabilitation planet, one of Lord
Garth's cohorts.
Joan Collins: The Siren - Edith Keeler, (Kirk, Spock chase McCoy through a time
portal)
That's all I can think of right now

		Doug Plate
		DICOMED Corp.
		Burnsville, MN

ibyf@ihlpa.UUCP (d. scott) (07/05/85)

Wasn't there an episode that a villaness got into the bat cave but fell
into the reactor that powered the place and what else I'm not sure?

ALSO:
	Roddy McDowell played a villian who I think was called the book
	worm.

						Engineering ....
						Scott here .....

naj@uiucdcs.Uiuc.ARPA (07/08/85)

The name of the villainess played by Ethel Merman was Lola Lasagne.

	Alan Josephson

	Department of Computer Science
	1304 West Springfield Avenue
	Urbana, Illinois  61801

	USENET:	...!{pur-ee,ihnp4}!uiucdcs!naj
	CSNET:	naj.uiuc@rand-relay

ran@bentley.UUCP (RA Novo) (07/11/85)

Here's some more trivia that I've gotten through the mail on Batman.
Robert Novo.

> The Joker once made it down the batpoles, but trusty Alfred made sure that
> he didn't make it all the way down to the Batcave.

Did you notice that that was the *only* time there wasn't a sign on the
wall indicating "Access to BatCave via Batpoles"?????

> False Face 	?		[Even in the TV credits, it was ??,
				 but it was really Malachi Throne,
				 who also appeared in ST as Commodore
				 J.R.Mendez]

> I also remember an episode where the villians were two magicians who used
> cheap theatre gags in all the crimes. One of them operated out of a trick
> shop. I can't remember the characters name or who played them though.

You should also remember that they kidnapped Harriett Cooper and
suspended her over a "birthday cake."

> Can anyone add anybody to this list?

Nora Clavicle - the Women's libber who became police commissioner.
	(Things went downhill when Batgirl was added.)
Colonel Gumm (in the Green Hornet Episode) - it was GH's nightstick not
   appearing on the stamps that told Batman that GH&K were still alive.
The Puzzler

> Extra question: What powers/gags to these villians have?

Mad Hatter has an instantaneous mesmerizer.
Lorelei Cierce [Siren] has her enchanting voice.
Sandman can put people to sleep.
Mr. Freeze's freeze gun

Larry Bickford, {amd,sun,decwrl,idi,ittvax,cbosgd}!qubix!lab

ahg@pucc-k (mayer) (07/11/85)

In article <615@sfmag.UUCP> howard@sfmag.UUCP (H.M.Moskovitz) writes:

>> I don't have anything to say, but I would be interested in reading some
>> good trivia on Batman.
>
>Okay, how about this?
>
>	1) Name the two actors who played the Riddler (in chronological
>		order).
>
>	2) Name the THREE actresses who played Catwoman.
>
>	3) Where was the switch that accessed the batcave located?
		in the bust of Shakespere.

>	4) What was the relationship between Bruce Wayne and Dick Grayson?
		Dick was bruces ward.

>	5) Which villians were played by the following actors?
>
>		a) Vincent Price
			Egg Head
>		b) Burgess Meredith
			Penguin
>		c) Cesar Romaro
			Joker
>		d) Victor Buono
			King Tut??

>	6) Who was the only villian ever to find and infiltrate the Batcave?
			Definately the Penguin.  He "freeze dried" his thugs
			and tried to destroy batman.

--
			Andy Mayer
			Purdue University

{harpo,ihnp4,allegra,decvax}!pur-ee!{pucc-h,pucc-i,pucc-k}!ahg
{decwrl}purdue!pur-ee!{pucc-h,pucc-i,pucc-k}!ahg
also...   ....!pur-ee!mayera

	"THEY PELTED US WITH ROCKS AND GARBAGE!!"

andy@lasspvax.UUCP (Andy Pfiffer) (07/26/85)

In article <1180@pucc-k> ahg@pucc-k.UUCP (mayer) writes:
>In article <615@sfmag.UUCP> howard@sfmag.UUCP (H.M.Moskovitz) writes:
>>> good trivia on Batman.
>>
>>	1) Name the two actors who played the Riddler (in chronological
>>		order).

1) Frank Gorshin and 2) [I think] John Saxon?

>>	2) Name the THREE actresses who played Catwoman.

1) Lee Meriwether (I doubt that I spelled her name right...)
2) Ertha Kitt
3) Julie Newmar	  (my personal favorite...)

>>	6) Who was the only villian ever to find and infiltrate the Batcave?
>			Definately the Penguin.  He "freeze dried" his thugs
>			and tried to destroy batman.

I think that King Tut also managed to tunnel into it. Unfortunately for him,
he didn't remember it. The Penquin was BAT-GASSED before Batman and Robin
brought him into the Batcave.

When are they going to make a computer like the Bat-Computer?

"...what do you mean I watch too much TV?"
USENET:	{decvax,ihnp4,cmcl2,vax135}!cornell!devvax!andy
ARPA:	andy%devvax@Cornell.arpa
MAIL:	265 Olin Hall
	Cornell University
	Ithaca, NY  14853