[comp.mail.sendmail] Procmail

berg%cip-s01.informatik.rwth-aachen.de@unido.bitnet (AKA Solitair) (01/03/91)

Robert Krawitz writes:
>Shawn Koppenhoefer writes:

>]Is it possible to somehow filter mail

>](sort of a junk mail filter i guess)

>  There is a package called pmd (Personal Mail Daemon) which
>was written by Jim Aspnes a number of years ago that does this
>filtering.  It can deliver mail to various files depending upon
>combinations of the sender, recipient, subject, etc.

>  Be warned that there are some bugs, and that various
>people have given me patches that have not made it back in.  However, it
>does an effective job for me and a number of other users.

While you're at it, you might as well check out the Procmail package.
I wrote it myself, it hooks into the .forward file.  And it is essentially
bug free.  That means: I took every possible precaution to ensure that NO mail
ever :-) get's lost.

I posted it to comp.sources.unix about a month ago...   But since that
newsgroup seems to be delayed (somewhat :-), I just reposted it to alt.sources
today.
--
Sincerely,                 berg%cip-s01.informatik.rwth-aachen.de@unido.bitnet
           Stephen R. van den Berg.