[comp.mail.sendmail] Sendmail on WIN/TCP.

barnett@grymoire.crd.ge.com (Bruce Barnett) (01/31/91)

In article <451@rick.att.com> rkd@rick.att.com (Rajeev Dolas) writes:

		   >>> HELO a.b.c
		   <<< 553 I refuse to talk to myself
		   554 <user_name@a.b.c>... Service unavailable: No such file

" I refuse to talk to myself" usually happens when you try to use the
"ether" mailer to deliver local mail instead of "local". If you didn't
get this error, the mail would keep being forwarded to itself.

Make sure, in ruleset 0, that mail to the local machine is recognized
as local. Typically this means removing the domain name from the
incoming address.
--
Bruce G. Barnett	barnett@crd.ge.com	uunet!crdgw1!barnett

wolfgang@wsrcc.com (Wolfgang S. Rupprecht) (02/06/91)

>My host name is trotter.usma.edu and my Cw line looks like:
>Cwtrotter trotter.usma.edu usma.edu

Is the 'totter.usma.edu" in a class definition infact correct?

On my sendmail it looks like the '.' still has separator syntax and
will cause the C class to effectively contain the tokens: "totter usma
edu".  Luckily there (probably) isn't a host named "usma" or "edu" in
the local domain - so the bug probably has little effect.

-wolfgang
--
Wolfgang Rupprecht    wolfgang@wsrcc.com (or) uunet!wsrcc!wolfgang
Snail Mail Address:   Box 6524, Alexandria, VA 22306-0524