[net.games.trivia] GONG SHOW:WHO IS J.P. MORGAN??

GARY@NCSUVM.BITNET (07/19/85)

J.P. MORGAN:IS SHE AN ACTRESS, A TELEVISION PRODUCOR GROUPIE, OR WHAT.
JUST WHO IS SHE, I'VE GOT TO KNOW!!  I HEARD THERE WAS A GONG SHOW
TRIVIA BOOK, BUT I'VE NEVER SEEN IT.  COULD THE ANSWER BE THERE?
THANKS IN ADVANCE.
GARY@NCSUVM

davew@shark.UUCP (Dave Williams) (07/24/85)

In article <39@NCSUVM> GARY@NCSUVM.BITNET writes:
>J.P. MORGAN:IS SHE AN ACTRESS, A TELEVISION PRODUCOR GROUPIE, OR WHAT.
J. P. Morgan was a female singer in the fifties and sixties. She
supposedly got the initials J.P. when she was the treasurer for
her high school class. She was always getting involved with
microbiotic diets and mind cults. That's show biz.
--

                                    Dave Williams
                                    Tektronix, Inc.

    "The 6000 Family"
"The workstations that made
    Wilsonville famous."

wimp@sphinx.UChicago.UUCP (Jeff Haferman) (07/24/85)

> J.P. MORGAN:IS SHE AN ACTRESS, A TELEVISION PRODUCOR GROUPIE, OR WHAT.
> JUST WHO IS SHE, I'VE GOT TO KNOW!!  I HEARD THERE WAS A GONG SHOW
> TRIVIA BOOK, BUT I'VE NEVER SEEN IT.  COULD THE ANSWER BE THERE?
> THANKS IN ADVANCE.
> GARY@NCSUVM

I believe that she is (was) an opera singer.

Jeff Haferman

andy@lasspvax.UUCP (Andy Pfiffer) (07/26/85)

In article <39@NCSUVM> GARY@NCSUVM.BITNET writes:
>J.P. MORGAN:IS SHE AN ACTRESS, A TELEVISION PRODUCOR GROUPIE, OR WHAT.

She did at least one episode of "The Odd Couple."  This, of course,
qualifies her for "Super-Star." :^)

"...what do you mean I watch too much TV?"
USENET:	{decvax,ihnp4,cmcl2,vax135}!cornell!devvax!andy
ARPA:	andy%devvax@Cornell.arpa
MAIL:	265 Olin Hall
	Cornell University
	Ithaca, NY  14853
	(607) 256-8686

mupmalis@watarts.UUCP (M. A. Upmalis) (07/29/85)

In article <39@NCSUVM> GARY@NCSUVM.BITNET writes:
>J.P. MORGAN:IS SHE AN ACTRESS, A TELEVISION PRODUCOR GROUPIE, OR WHAT.

She also was one of the original members of the Broadway production
of Cats...
Shortly after she started this she mentioned on some TV show that
she was going to become celibate, at least fo a while..You gotta protect
those 'precious bodily fluids' <<**BONUS** Identify the quote

--
Mike Upmalis	(mupmalis@watarts)<University of Waterloo>

		ihnp4!watmath!watarts!mupmalis

gregory5@garfield.UUCP (Greg Case) (07/30/85)

> In article <39@NCSUVM> GARY@NCSUVM.BITNET writes:
> >J.P. MORGAN:IS SHE AN ACTRESS, A TELEVISION PRODUCOR GROUPIE, OR WHAT.
>
> She did at least one episode of "The Odd Couple."  This, of course,
> qualifies her for "Super-Star." :^)

I`m not sure , but recently on an episode of "Too Close for Comfort",
there is a program where Henry`s father marries a "younger woman" ,
at the end of the show the credit's listed her as Jaye P. Morgan. Does
anybody out there know if this is the same as the Gong Show's J.P.

G.J.

Greg Case

          {ihnp4,utcsrgv,allegra}!garfield!gregory5

kwc@cvl.UUCP (Kenneth W. Crist Jr.) (07/31/85)

> You gotta protect those 'precious bodily fluids' <<**BONUS** Identify the quote

	Too easy. It was General Jack D. Ripper from Dr. Strangelove, or How
I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb. Both the book and the movie.

						Kenneth Crist
						kwc@cvl
						Computer Vision Lab
						University of Maryland

tortorino@hamstr.DEC (Sandy @The Puzzle Palace, DTN 264-5977) (08/01/85)

I think J.P. Morgan also appeared on another game show (perhaps more than
one, but this is the one I liked), but I can't remember the name of it.
The 'star' was Nipsey Russell, and the object of the game was to come up
with a suitable rhyming line to end a two-line poem.  I think it was J.P.
who came up with the one that's always stuck in my mind.  The lead-in line
was, "That's a funny place for a patch . . ."

To which she added, "It doesn't even cover your snatch!"

Of course, she was bleeped-out, but that was part of the fun.

Anyone else remember this 'classic'?

GMP@psuvm.BITNET (08/02/85)

JAYE P. MORGAN IS THE WOMAN I LOVE.  SHE IS ALMOST AS OLD AS I AM.  I SIT AND
WATCH AND DREAM.  SHE SANG FOR ME IN THE 60S.  SHE IS THE ONLY WOMAN I KNOW OF
WHO KNOWS HOW TO WEAR A HAT.  HOW DARE ANYONE ASK IF SHE IS A GROUPIE.  THE
PROBLEM YOU YOUNGSTERS HAVE IS YOU WATCH OLD MOVIES AND YOU EXPECT THE WOMEN
TO LOOK THE SAME NOW AS THEY DID THEN.  THEY HAD A GONG SHOW REPRISE IN APRIL.
JAYE P. AT 50 LOOKS BETTER THAN ANY OF THAT KNOTS LANDING CROWD.  HAVE ANY OF
YOU SEEN ANN  MILLER LATELY.

2212zap@mhuxm.UUCP (putnins) (08/08/85)

> I think J.P. Morgan also appeared on another game show (perhaps more than
> one, but this is the one I liked), but I can't remember the name of it.
> The 'star' was Nipsey Russell, and the object of the game was to come up
> with a suitable rhyming line to end a two-line poem.  I think it was J.P.
> who came up with the one that's always stuck in my mind.  The lead-in line
> was, "That's a funny place for a patch . . ."
>
> To which she added, "It doesn't even cover your snatch!"
>
> Of course, she was bleeped-out, but that was part of the fun.
>
> Anyone else remember this 'classic'?

	Could it possibly be "Can you top this?", with host Wink Martindale (sp)

barb@pyuxa.UUCP (B E Nemeth) (08/08/85)

> ....The lead-in line was, "That's a funny place for a patch .."
> To which she added, "It doesn't even cover your snatch!"

>>  Could it possibly be "Can you top this?", with host
>>  Wink Martindale (sp)

    How about the Match Game with ole what's his name.
    (Gene somebody)