[net.games.trivia] daffy duck

andy@lasspvax.UUCP (Andy Pfiffer) (09/17/85)

## Marshall, Will, and Holly, on a routine expedition, met the greatest... ##

I was brushing my teeth the other morning and was wondering if anyone
has the COMPLETE monologue spoken by Daffy Duck when he was using his
trusty quarter-staff?

If I remember correctly, he was standing on a log laid over a stream or pond.
Porky Pig had a supporting role as a slightly balding friar.  I think Daffy
says something like:

	Ho! Ah Ha! Dodge! Guard! Turn! Perry! Thrust! ....

Any help would be appreciated. E-Mail to addresses below preferred.
USENET:	{decvax,ihnp4,cmcl2,vax135}!cornell!devvax!andy
ARPA:	andy%devvax@Cornell.arpa
MAIL:	Theory Center/265 Olin Hall   "What do you mean
	Cornell University             I watch too much
	Ithaca, NY  14853              TV?"
PHONE:	(607) 256-8686

danb@ihlpg.UUCP (Beitz) (09/19/85)

> I was brushing my teeth the other morning and was wondering if anyone
> has the COMPLETE monologue spoken by Daffy Duck when he was using his
> trusty quarter-staff?
>
> If I remember correctly, he was standing on a log laid over a stream or pond.
> Porky Pig had a supporting role as a slightly balding friar.  I think Daffy
> says something like:
>
> 	Ho! Ah Ha! Dodge! Guard! Turn! Perry! Thrust! ....

I'm pretty sure there's a Spin in there somewhere, probably after the
Perry!

edward@ukecc.UUCP (Edward C. Bennett) (09/19/85)

In article <526@lasspvax.UUCP>, andy@lasspvax.UUCP (Andy Pfiffer) writes:

> I was brushing my teeth the other morning and was wondering if anyone
> has the COMPLETE monologue spoken by Daffy Duck when he was using his
> trusty quarter-staff?

Ho! Ah Ha! Guard! Turn! Dodge! Parry! Spin! Ha! Thrust! <BOING>!

"Honest. I AM Robin Hood."
<KLUNK!>
"Suuuuure you are."

--
Edward C. Bennett

UUCP: ihnp4!cbosgd!ukma!ukecc!edward

/* A charter member of the Scooter bunch */

throopw@rtp47.UUCP (Wayne Throop) (09/22/85)

> > I was brushing my teeth the other morning and was wondering if anyone
> > has the COMPLETE monologue spoken by Daffy Duck when he was using his
> > trusty quarter-staff?

"Actually, it's a buck-and-a-quarter-quarter staff, but I'm not telling
*him* that!"

> > [...]
> >     Ho! Ah Ha! Dodge! Guard! Turn! Perry! Thrust! ....
>
> I'm pretty sure there's a Spin in there somewhere, probably after the
> Perry!

I agree, but would like to note that that's "parry", not "perry".
Unless maybe he was calling for help from the editor of the Daily
Planet?  In any event, my possibly faulty memory has the whole scene
like so:

        (picture the Little-John-vs-Robin-Hood scene on a log across a
         stream.  Let's watch as Daffy prepairs for the conflict...)
    "Ho! Hah! Dodge! Guard! Turn! Parry! Spin! Thrust!"
        <katwang> (as rebounding staff smashes bill up into face)
    "Hmmm... Something amiss here.  I'll run through it again..."
        (gesturing with finger, no staff motion)
    "Ho, hah, dodge, guard, turn, parry, spin, thrust."
        <katwang> (bill is smashed into face with no apparent cause)
    "Got it! Now! Ho! Hah! Dodge! Guard! Turn! Parry! Spin! ..."
        (Porky introduces a twig into the middle of the spinning staff,
         causing a counter torque that catapults Daffy into the stream)
        <kersplash>
--
Wayne Throop at Data General, RTP, NC
<the-known-world>!mcnc!rti-sel!rtp47!throopw

sas@leadsv.UUCP (Scott Stewart) (09/24/85)

In article <255@ukecc.UUCP>, edward@ukecc.UUCP (Edward C. Bennett) writes:
> In article <526@lasspvax.UUCP>, andy@lasspvax.UUCP (Andy Pfiffer) writes:
> >
> > I was brushing my teeth the other morning and was wondering if anyone
> > has the COMPLETE monologue spoken by Daffy Duck when he was using his
> > trusty quarter-staff?
> >
> Ho! Ah Ha! Guard! Turn! Dodge! Parry! Spin! Ha! Thrust! <BOING>!
>
> "Honest. I AM Robin Hood."
> <KLUNK!>
> "Suuuuure you are."

I thought SPIN was last. That's where Porky always stuck his staff in
and sent Robin Hood (Daffy) flying.