[comp.mail.sendmail] new version of King James Sendmail

vixie@decwrl.dec.com (Paul A Vixie) (04/06/91)

I finally updated it to UCB 5.65 compatibility.  Its IDA-ness is still
of 1.2.8 vintage (the last one Len did, I think).  It has some bugs fixed
since the last release (which was 8-September-1991).  It has what I think
is the best handling for bounced mail messages of any mailer I've seen.

This sendmail will compile on Ultrix.  It comes with no interesting config
files, and probably will not work with the one you have unless you make a
few modifications to it (or unless you are already running a 5.65-derived
sendmail).

Hints: if you don't know whether you want this, you don't want it.  If you
are not sure what it is, you don't want it.  If you're not sure you like
the idea of something like this existing at all, you don't want it.

Get it via anonymous FTP from gatekeeper.dec.com (16.1.0.2)
as pub/DEC/wrl-sendmail-5apr91.

Cheers,
--
Paul Vixie
DEC Western Research Lab	<vixie@pa.dec.com>	<paul@vixie.sf.ca.us>

iglesias@draco.acs.uci.edu (Mike Iglesias) (04/07/91)

In article <VIXIE.91Apr5204707@fork-city.pa.dec.com> vixie@decwrl.dec.com (Paul A Vixie) writes:
>I finally updated it to UCB 5.65 compatibility.  Its IDA-ness is still
>of 1.2.8 vintage (the last one Len did, I think).  It has some bugs fixed
>since the last release (which was 8-September-1991).  It has what I think
>is the best handling for bounced mail messages of any mailer I've seen.

The sendmail 5.65b+IDA-1.4.3 from uxc.cso.uiuc.edu works fine under
Ultrix 4.1 on DECstations.  I've been using it on several DECstation 5000s
since shortly after it was announced.

Mike Iglesias
University of California, Irvine
Internet:    iglesias@draco.acs.uci.edu