[net.games.trivia] I Dream of Jeannie

dms@ihlpg.UUCP (Spang) (10/07/85)

 HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP --

At least 30 people I know haven't slept in weeks because of
this question --

What was Jeannie's black-haired sister's name ???

Everyone says Sabrina but that was Samantha's cousin on
"Bewitched".

Please anyone - help us.

mrc@panda.UUCP (Mike R. Connell) (10/09/85)

>  HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP --
>
> At least 30 people I know haven't slept in weeks because of
> this question --
>
> What was Jeannie's black-haired sister's name ???
>

> Everyone says Sabrina but that was Samantha's cousin on
> "Bewitched".
>
> Please anyone - help us.

*** REPLACE THIS LINE WITH YOUR GENIE ***

I believe she was referred to as "Jeannie II".  Her master was Habib played by Ted Cassidy (AKA Lurch)

					"This is masterful!!"

						mrc

mrc@panda.UUCP (Mike R. Connell) (10/09/85)

It looks like my last sentence of my reply was truncated (I'm new at this,
forgive me).  Anyway, all it said was "played by Ted Cassidy (AKA Lurch)".

					mrc

ccc@bu-cs.UUCP (Cameron Carson) (10/09/85)

This was discussed on the net last year over the course of several
weeks, and though I don't remember the final authoritative response,
I seem to recall that a large number (most?) of those who replied
thought that Jeannie's sister's name was "Jeannie."

--
Cameron C. Carson
Distributed Systems Group

UUCP: ...!harvard!bu-cs!ccc
ARPA:  ccc%bu-cs.csnet@csnet-relay.arpa

rohn@randvax.UUCP (Laurinda Rohn) (10/10/85)

In article <1330@ihlpg.UUCP> dms@ihlpg.UUCP (Spang) writes:

> HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP --
>
>At least 30 people I know haven't slept in weeks because of
>this question --
>
>What was Jeannie's black-haired sister's name ???
>

>Everyone says Sabrina but that was Samantha's cousin on
>"Bewitched".
>
>Please anyone - help us.

Hmm.  I don't know the answer to the question, but Samantha's
cousin on "Bewitched" was Serena, not Sabrina.  Sabrina was
a cartoon character of the show "Sabrina the Teenage Witch."

					Lauri
					rohn@rand-unix.ARPA
					..decvax!randvax!rohn

"*You* just wanna have his puppies!"

armstron@sjuvax.UUCP (L. Armstrong) (10/10/85)

> What was Jeannie's black-haired sister's name ???
>

> Everyone says Sabrina but that was Samantha's cousin on
> "Bewitched".

Samatha's cousin on "Bewitched"'s name was Sarina, not Sabrina.

--

NAME		Len Armstrong
UUCP		{astrovax | bpa | burdvax | allegra }!sjuvax!armstron

terry2@ihlpm.UUCP (t. nelson) (10/11/85)

>  HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP --
>
> At least 30 people I know haven't slept in weeks because of
> this question --
>
> What was Jeannie's black-haired sister's name ???
>

> Everyone says Sabrina but that was Samantha's cousin on
> "Bewitched".

  I believe her name was Sarina (like Sabrina but without the "b"
and hence the confusion).

--

..ihnp4!ihlpm!terry2   =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-   "All this is
                       |      Terry Nelson      |   because of me
      Keep             | AT&T Bell Laboratories |   and not my
       It              |  Naperville, Illinois  |   employer!"
        Warm           =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

dave@andromeda.UUCP (Dave Bloom) (10/14/85)

<>
Jeannie's sister's name was Jeannie......

      allegra\					       Dave Bloom
      harvard \ pyramid\
       seismo  \  pyrnj >!andromeda!dave         HOME: (201) 868-1764
     ut-sally   >!topaz/			 WORK: (201) 648-5083
       sri-iu  /
ihnp4!packard /		           "You're never alone with a schizophrenic...."

place@uiucdcs.CS.UIUC.EDU (10/14/85)

Can't answer your question, but Samantha's cousin's name was Serena.

keesan@bbncc5.UUCP (Morris M. Keesan) (10/15/85)

In article <1330@ihlpg.UUCP> dms@ihlpg.UUCP (Spang) writes:
>What was Jeannie's black-haired sister's name ???

  I was browsing through a bookstore this weekend and came across this question
in a book called something like "The TV Theme Sing-along Book".  The answer they
gave was "Jeannie II".
--
Morris M. Keesan
keesan@bbn-unix.ARPA

rhoads@oasys.UUCP (10/22/85)

> >What was Jeannie's black-haired sister's name ???

Well, the new IDOJ movie was on last night, and sure enough, her
(evil) black-haired sister was on, and her name was Jeannie. Someone
even made a comment that is was unusual for two sisters to have the
same name.

--

Rhoads Hollowell    {hao,ucbvax,allegra}!nbires![oasys!]rhoads

"I knew I shoulda made dat left turn at Alburqurque!!"
					--B. Bunny

boyce@daemen.UUCP (Doug Boyce) (10/26/85)

> This was discussed on the net last year over the course of several
> weeks, and though I don't remember the final authoritative response,
> I seem to recall that a large number (most?) of those who replied
> thought that Jeannie's sister's name was "Jeannie."

According to "I dream of Jeannie - Fifteen Years later" her sister's
name is Jeannie.
--

Doug Boyce   Daemen College, Amherst NY

UUCP : {decvax,dual,rocksanne,watmath,rocksvax}!sunybcs!daemen!boyce
       ihnp4!kitty!daemen!boyce
ARPA : boyce@buffalo@csnet-relay

	"I order you to call your men back!"

	"Your men are armed with cameras, mine are armed with flame-throwers."

			-C.H.U.D-