[comp.mail.sendmail] Sendmail on Ultrix...

shahryar@sfsuvax1.sfsu.edu (Persian Nightmare) (05/02/91)

Dear all,

	We are having problems with our sendmail understanding UUCP
sites.  Basically we didn't set it up to work with it in the
beginning {i.e. no one figured it out in the beginning} and
therefore it does not work.  Can someone please reply to me the
code needed to get UUCP up and working on Ultrix.  If there is a
utility one can run, please let me know of the it.

Thanks in advance,

Shahryar

--
'The greatest of evils and the worst of crimes is poverty.'
George Bernard Shaw--"Major Barbara"

murray@motto.UUCP (Murray S. Kucherawy) (05/02/91)

Followups redirected to comp.unix.ultrix.

shahryar@sfsuvax1.sfsu.edu.UUCP writes:
>Dear all,
>
>	We are having problems with our sendmail understanding UUCP
>sites.  Basically we didn't set it up to work with it in the
>beginning {i.e. no one figured it out in the beginning} and
>therefore it does not work.  Can someone please reply to me the
>code needed to get UUCP up and working on Ultrix.  If there is a
>utility one can run, please let me know of the it.

I'm not sure from this if your problem is with UUCP or with sendmail.

If it's with UUCP, run /etc/uucpsetup and then /usr/lib/uucp/addinsys,
/usr/lib/uucp/addoutsys, /usr/lib/uucp/addmodem, etc. as apporpriate.
Then you have to re-freeze sendmail's configuration using the command
/usr/lib/sendmail -bz.

If the problem's with sendmail, check the stock sendmail files to see
if there's one with a line that starts "Muucp".  If not, drop me a note
and I'll help you set up that piece of it.

Motorola Canada, Ltd.     Communications Division, Toronto      [on work term]
University of Waterloo, Ontario, Canada               2B Math/Computer Science
Internet: murray@motto.UUCP (work)       mskucherawy@watmath.UWaterloo.ca (UW)
UUCP:     uunet!utai!lsuc!motto!murray   uunet!watmath!mskucherawy