[comp.mail.sendmail] Undefined symbols when compiling sendmail 5.65

swm@Xylogics.COM (Sandra McConathy) (05/31/91)

When compiling sendmail 5.65 on an Encore Multimax running UMAX4.2 I
end up with undefined symbols for which I am unable to find definitions.

The undefined symbols are h_errno, _res, res_search, dn_skipname, dn_expand
and vsprintf.  I see that h_errno is left as an extern in netdb.h but can
find no further references.

What am I missing and where might I find it?

Thanks.

Sandy McConathy
Xylogics, Inc.
Burlington, MA
(617)272-8140
swm@xylogics.com

blarson@blars (05/31/91)

In article <11461@xenna.Xylogics.COM> swm@Xylogics.COM (Sandra McConathy) writes:
>The undefined symbols are h_errno, _res, res_search, dn_skipname, dn_expand
>and vsprintf.

A portable implementation of vsprintf was posted to comp.sources.misc
by yours truley a couple of years ago, or you might be able to use a
non-portable version based on _doprint.

I beleive the other missing routines are part of the domain name
system routines added to latter bsd releases.

--
blarson@usc.edu
		C news and rn for os9/68k!