[net.games.trivia] Wacky Races

nd2k@homxa.UUCP (A.SCHWARZ) (07/20/84)

           Other characters that I have hazy recollections of:

                       1. A lumberjack who drove a car which was
                          a hollowed-out tree. (A bear as a
                          sidekick?).

                       2. Two cavemen in a stone car; they hit each
                          other on the head alternately as they
                          were racing.

                     This is all I can remember, perhaps this info
               will act as a catalyst for someone else to fill in
               names and other details.

jgw@rabbit.UUCP (Jay G. Wilpon) (07/21/84)

>                       1. A lumberjack who drove a car which was
>                          a hollowed-out tree. (A bear as a
>                          sidekick?).

Wasnt his name Rufus Roughtooth?

By the way Pat Pending's car was called the 'convert-o car'.

dsmith@proper.UUCP (David Smith) (07/25/84)

	The lumberjack's name was Rufus Roughcut and his sidekick was
a beaver.  His car was the Slashmobile, I think.
	The two neanderthals were the Slag Brothers in the Bouldermobile.
	It wasn't the Mob-Hill Gang, but the Ant Hill Mob who along with
Penelope Pitstop were leftover from the Perils of Penelope Pitstop.
(The Ant Hill Mob were her bodyguards)

			Dave Smith

ted@usceast.UUCP (Ted Nolan) (07/25/84)

<not that claw the other claw!>

>           Other characters that I have hazy recollections of:
>
>                       1. A lumberjack ...
>
>                       2. Two cavemen in a stone car ..
>
>                     This is all I can remember, perhaps this info
>               will act as a catalyst for someone else to fill in
>               names and other details.

3. Pauline Pitstop. As I recall, she got her own series later (or maybe
      it was first). I remember on scene where she had to repair her car :
      took out all the parts, put in a hairpin and drove on.

4. The Anthill Mob -- a group of midget gangster sterotypes who drove some
      sort of 1920's looking car.
Ted Nolan                               ...decvax!mcnc!ncsu!ncrcae!usceast!ted
6536 Brookside Circle                   ...akgua!usceast!ted
Columbia, SC 29206
      ("We pray for one last landing on the globe that gave us birth..")

jgw@rabbit.UUCP (Jay G. Wilpon) (07/26/84)

The Perils of Penelope Pitstop, came after the Wacky Races.
The Ant-Hill Mob and Penelope Pitstop, and of course
Dick Dastardly (and Muttly) were so famous that they
got their own show!!

Later!!

flynn@kcl-cs.UUCP (ZNAC429) (10/24/85)

	Does anybody out there know who was who in H-B's "Wacky Races"..?
We've managed to establish that Dick Dastardly was in car double-zero and
that the Boulder Brothers had car number 2 (the boulder mobile..?)
		Thanks in advance...
			Yours.
			Anthony Flynn

 "Activate dragon-power..."

chris@ICO.UUCP (10/29/85)

Penelope Pitstopp in  ???
Prof. Pat Pending in the Convertacar

		chris
		Chris Kostanick
		decvax!vortex!ism780!ico!chris
		ucbvax!ucla-cs!ism780!ico!chris

"My brain hurts!" - Gumby Theatre

meehan@ihlpg.UUCP (Meehan) (10/31/85)

> 	Does anybody out there know who was who in H-B's "Wacky Races"..?
> We've managed to establish that Dick Dastardly was in car double-zero and
> that the Boulder Brothers had car number 2 (the boulder mobile..?)
> 		Thanks in advance...
> 			Yours.
> 			Anthony Flynn
>
>  "Activate dragon-power..."
I do not remember the car numbers, but I do remember Prof. Pat Pending and
Penelope Pitstop. By the way, I seem to remember that it was the Cave Mobile
and the number was 1.
						Pat Meehan

bruce@stc.UUCP (11/04/85)

In article <1394@ihlpg.UUCP> meehan@ihlpg.UUCP writes:

>> 	Does anybody out there know who was who in H-B's "Wacky Races"..?
>> We've managed to establish that Dick Dastardly was in car double-zero and
>> that the Boulder Brothers had car number 2 (the boulder mobile..?)
>> 		Thanks in advance...
>> 			Yours.
>> 			Anthony Flynn
>>
>>  "Activate dragon-power..."
>I do not remember the car numbers, but I do remember Prof. Pat Pending and
>Penelope Pitstop. By the way, I seem to remember that it was the Cave Mobile
>and the number was 1.
>						Pat Meehan

Like Pat I do not remember the car numbers but here's my list of all the
competitors I can remember:-

	Dastardly and Muttley in the Double Zero
	Boulder Brothers in the Boulder|Cave Mobile
	Creepy Coupe (can't remember who drove it though)
	Prof. Pat Pending
	Penelope Pitstop
	Peter Perfect
	The Red Max
	Rufus Roughcut in the Buzz Wagon
	The Arkansas Chugabug
	The Army Surplus Special
	and
	The Ant Hill Mob (what was their car called?)

Drat, Drat and Double Drraattt!!
--

Regards,
Bruce Munro.  <bruce@stc.UUCP>

"He's bigger than you, he's bigger than me,
 He's bigger than a cup of tea - Big G"
			Hank Wangford (based on an idea from God)

djw1@ukc.UUCP (D.J.Webb) (11/05/85)

In article <1394@ihlpg.UUCP> meehan@ihlpg.UUCP (Meehan) writes:

>> 	Does anybody out there know who was who in H-B's "Wacky Races"..?
>> We've managed to establish that Dick Dastardly was in car double-zero and
>> that the Boulder Brothers had car number 2 (the boulder mobile..?)
>> 		Thanks in advance...
>> 			Yours.
>> 			Anthony Flynn
>>
>>  "Activate dragon-power..."
>I do not remember the car numbers, but I do remember Prof. Pat Pending and
>Penelope Pitstop. By the way, I seem to remember that it was the Cave Mobile
>and the number was 1.
>						Pat Meehan

Apart from Dick Dastardly, the Boulder Brothers, Prof. Pat Pending and Penelope
Pitstop, there were Peter Perfect in the Turbo Terrific, The Red Max in the
Crimson Haybailer, The Anthill Mob, The Arkansas Chuck-a-bug, The Gruesome
Twosome and the Buzzsaw Special. (I think!!)
Incidently, weren't the Boulder Brothers called Rock and Gravel?

			Cheers,	Dave Webb

ramsay@kcl-cs.UUCP (ZNAC440) (11/07/85)

AHA!!!
It was the Creepy Coupe that the Gruesome Twosome drove!!
The Anthill Mob drove Chug-a-Boom.(sp?)
Anyone know what Penelope (Hailp! Hailp!) Pitstop's car was called?
That series came up with such wonderful lines. The one of the Anthill Mob
(All based heavily on the Seven Dwarfs) who was always laughing:
"Aw, this is terrible. Penelope's gonna crash!" (It loses something, I realise,
without the voice.)
"Okay youse mugs...."
By the by - who can name the Anthill Mob? (There's a challenge)

"And sneaking along last..."

djw1@ukc.UUCP (D.J.Webb) (11/08/85)

After asking around, I have managed to put together the following starting order

Car No.             Who                       Car name

00                  Dastardly and Muttley
1                   Rock and Gravel           Bouldermobile
2                   Gruesome Twosome          Creepy Coupe
3                   Prof Pat Pending          Convert-o-mobile
4                   Red Max                   Crimson Haybaler
5                   Penelope Pitstop          Glamour Puss
6                   Peter Perfect             Turbo Terrific
7                   Ant Hill Mob              Bullet Proof Bomb

Cars eight nine and ten were the Army Surplus Special, Arkansas Chug-a-bug and
the Buzz-saw Special we think, but we can't remember the order. Does anyone have
any ideas? Who was in the last three? Incidently, I think the Ant Hill Mobs car
was called Chug-a-boom in the Perils of Penelope Pitstop.
Cheers, Dave Webb