[comp.binaries.apple2] Posting Etiquette

saponara@batcomputer.tn.cornell.edu (John Saponara) (04/14/88)

I personally am not grabbing "sysbeep" because I have no idea what it's about:
why waste an hour downloading and trying to run some software that is a mystery
as to what it even might do?

A request: if you post a program, please put at least a short paragraph
at the beginning of it saying what the program does.  This is common courtesy
and pretty standard for many of the posting groups (and unfortunately is often
not the case for things distributed through APPLE2-L@BROWNVM).  If you're
going to post to thousands of machines and expect hundreds of people to use
your software, please take the extra few minutes needed to tell us what it is
you're posting.  If you're posting documentation in a separate file then you
probably don't need to do this.  However, a paragraph at the beginning of the
dox which summarizes what the program does will save us all a lot of 1200 baud
reading to see what the software's about.

Other than that, I'm psyched!  "Let the Uploading Begin!"

Eric (not John Saponara) Haines

wjgilbert@watmath.waterloo.edu (William J. Gilbert) (04/15/88)

In article <4416@batcomputer.tn.cornell.edu> saponara@tcgould.tn.cornell.edu (John Saponara) writes:
>A request: if you post a program, please put at least a short paragraph
>at the beginning of it saying what the program does.

Also indicate clearly which Apple 2 computers it runs on.

Will Gilbert                              wjgilbert@watmath.waterloo.edu