[comp.binaries.apple2] Problems with new Z-LINK posting

rkh@mtune.ATT.COM (Robert Halloran) (01/19/89)

Probably a naive question, but after downloading the two
pieces of the new ZLINK to my GS and exec'ing them, I tried
to run BLU against the resulting file to unpack it, and was
told it wasn't a Binary II file.  What did I do wrong?

						Bob Halloran
UUCP: att!mtune!rkh				Internet: rkh@mtune.ATT.COM
USPS: 17 Lakeland Dr, Port Monmouth NJ 07758	DDD: 201-495-6621 eve ET
Disclaimer: If you think AT&T would have ME as a spokesman, you're crazed.
Quote: "May: In Baton Rouge, the Rev. Jimmy Swaggart, announcing that he has
	been forgiven by the Lord, returns to his pulpit, where he receives
	a warm reception from 300 billion locusts."
		- Dave Barry's 1988 Year-In-Review

andy@cfctech.UUCP (Andy Richter) (01/20/89)

I had the same problem. When I looked at the files the append
commands at the end of both files are the same:

  BSAVE Z.LINK.BN1,A$1000,L$5C00
  E00G

  BLOADZ.LINK.BN1,A$2000
  BSAVEZ.LINK.BNY,A$2000,L$5C00,B$5C00

This probably was not the intention but I don't know what the
right command might be. If someone figures it out could they post
it.

Thanks,
   Andy
 Andy Richter                            | +1 313 244 1838
 andy@cfctech.UUCP                       | Chrysler Financial Corp.
 andy%cfctech.uucp@umix.cc.umich.edu     | MIS Technical Services
 {sharkey|mailrus}!cfctech!andy          | 901 Wilshire, Troy, MI
 DISCLAMER:  These are, such as they are, my opinions.

gwyn@smoke.BRL.MIL (Doug Gwyn ) (01/20/89)

In article <2408@cfctech.UUCP> andy@cfctech.UUCP (Andy Richter) writes:
>I had the same problem. When I looked at the files the append
>commands at the end of both files are the same:

Not only that, the larger file has the smaller embedded in it
(except for about a 1-byte change).  I think there was a packing
problem.