[comp.binaries.apple2] various accessories needed.

ralphw@ius3.ius.cs.cmu.edu (Ralph Hyre) (01/20/89)

I'm trying to find a source for the LCT1092, the A/D converter Don Lancaster
talked about in Radio Electronics.  You plug it into you game port and
can digitize audio and such.

I also have a RamWorks II in my //e auxiliary slot.

Does anyone know of a reasonable place to get the 65816 and RGB options
for it?  Or, better yet, where I can actually see them running in person?
If Pinpoint is getting out of the Apple ][ market, is there anyone who
makes any utilities (C compiler, editor, etc.) for a 'bare' 65816 system?

I'd also appreciate a pointer to documentation on the pinout and timing
diagrams of the 'linear addressing coprocessor port'?

Thanks.
--
					- Ralph W. Hyre, Jr.
Internet: ralphw@{ius{3,2,1}.,}cs.cmu.edu    Phone:(412) CMU-BUGS

kamath@reed.UUCP (Sean Kamath) (01/24/89)

In article <4070@pt.cs.cmu.edu> ralphw@ius3.ius.cs.cmu.edu (Ralph Hyre) writes:
>I'm trying to find a source for the LCT1092, the A/D converter Don Lancaster
>talked about in Radio Electronics.  You plug it into you game port and
>can digitize audio and such.

If you find it, let me know about where you got it! :-)
Right now, I have a homebrew 6522 board I made myself (anyone want the
circuit traces? In macdraw format?  Printed?  I think I remember what trace
is missing, so I can put it in. :-) )

>I also have a RamWorks II in my //e auxiliary slot.

I just got my checkmate RGB card.  Weeee!  I'm all set to have fun now, as
soon as I stuff some chips into it.  I got it with 0k.

>Does anyone know of a reasonable place to get the 65816 and RGB options
>for it?  Or, better yet, where I can actually see them running in person?
>If Pinpoint is getting out of the Apple ][ market, is there anyone who
>makes any utilities (C compiler, editor, etc.) for a 'bare' 65816 system?

I also got the 65816 option.  They made me an offer I couldn't refuse.
Checkmate (I dealt direct!) was selling the 65816 board for $80! AE wanted
**$179** NO WAY!  Since I am *trying* *slowly* to write a machine
description for the 65816 for GNU gcc, I am got a *nice* deal.  I suggest
you call them and talk to John, who's with Tech Support (can you believe it,
tech support sold it to me! :-)), and learn how *nice* checkmate is to their
customers!  At lease, I'm satisfied! :-)

>I'd also appreciate a pointer to documentation on the pinout and timing
>diagrams of the 'linear addressing coprocessor port'?

Hmm.  Is that where the 74ls371 (or 372, I forget) is? Or is it the pins
sticking out?  Well, I say, trace it! :-) :-)

>Thanks.
>--
>					- Ralph W. Hyre, Jr.

Sean Kamath
--
UUCP:  {decvax allegra ucbcad ucbvax hplabs}!tektronix!reed!kamath
CSNET: reed!kamath@Tektronix.CSNET  ||  BITNET: kamath@reed.BITNET