[net.games.trivia] Meta-humor in Pogo

jeff@rtech.UUCP (Jeff Lichtman) (12/07/85)

> In article <800@h-sc1.UUCP> shiue@h-sc1.UUCP (steve shiue) writes:
>
> The old "Pogo" strip by Walt Kelly was good for this sort of thing.
> Characters would often lean against the edge of the cartoon frame or
> refer to things that happened "in the last panel."

My favorite example of this is a frame in showing Pogo, Churchy, and Albert
(I think) getting into a boat.  All of the shapes are blacked in.  Churchy
is saying, "These silhouettes sure saves a mess of drawing."
--
Jeff Lichtman at rtech (Relational Technology, Inc.)
"Saints should always be judged guilty until they are proved innocent..."

{amdahl, sun}!rtech!jeff
{ucbvax, decvax}!mtxinu!rtech!jeff