[comp.binaries.apple2] Festering Hate.. ouch!

god3@tank.uchicago.edu (Peter Godwin) (02/23/89)

Today, 4:00pm Central Standard Time, my computer caught a virus
and destroyed 10 megs of data and 3 floppy disks.

Festering Hate as it is called is deteticble as follows:

When you run prodos, it will search your disk drives for victim floppies
and infect them.

Look out for odd access times to storage devices and delays in disk
access.

If anyone has information about this or other apple ii viruses
please let me know...

I lost TONS of important information and am pretty upset...

Any help appreciated.

      Peter Godwin             |   UUCP   ...ihnp4!gargoyle!tank!god3
  5335 S. Kimbark Ave., #2     | Bitnet   god3@tank.uchicago.edu
  Chicago, Illinois  60615     |
  Home Phone: 312-288-1816     | The University of Chicago Computation Org.

demarco@cpsc.ucalgary.ca (Vince Demarco) (02/24/89)

In article <1972@tank.uchicago.edu>, god3@tank.uchicago.edu (Peter Godwin) writes:
> Today, 4:00pm Central Standard Time, my computer caught a virus
> and destroyed 10 megs of data and 3 floppy disks.

>       Peter Godwin             |   UUCP   ...ihnp4!gargoyle!tank!god3

Peter i have a disinfecting program for that virus written By morgan davis
it will not recover your files but it will protect you next time.
Want me to upload it to comp.binaries.apple2?

Vince

demarco@CPSC.UCalgary.CA