[comp.binaries.apple2] Apple2-l

prl3546@tahoma.UUCP (Philip R. Lindberg) (03/11/89)

From article <15463@cup.portal.com>, by Kreme@cup.portal.com (Lewis Kreme Butler):
> I downloaded Shrinkit 1.0, but I can't seem to unpack the file.
>
> ....how do I get these files into a usable format?
>
> kreme@cup.portal.com

I don't know, and being a new kid on the block I'd like to know.  Maybe someone
could post a "Binaries for Beginners" that will tell us how to use all these
buz words like shrinkit....

adamsd@handel.colostate.edu (daniel joseph adams) (03/14/89)

In article <326@tahoma.UUCP> prl3546@tahoma.UUCP (Philip R. Lindberg) writes:
>I don't know, and being a new kid on the block I'd like to know.  Maybe someone
>could post a "Binaries for Beginners" that will tell us how to use all these
>buz words like shrinkit....

    -Shrinkit - a file/disk packing/unpacking utility.
    -BinScii  - a Binary to ascii converter.
    -Executioner - format of text files to execute.

  Basically it is like this:
     There are alot of files avaliable in Executioner format, these you simply
     download, save as a text file and EXEC from basic.  They convert themselves
     and save themselves.  You can recognise this file type because it starts
     with a 'CALL -151'.

     BinScii (Avaliable in executioner format), is recognizable as the
     files begin with StArT   - (Approx).

     Shrinkit files are usually must be processed with BinScii first.

     BLU is the standard unsqueeze program, for Binary II files (.bqy).

     All these utillity programs are avaliable either as Shareware or
     public domain. (Freeware)