[net.games.trivia] Meta-humor in Firesign Theater

allen@bunker.UUCP (C. Allen Grabert) (12/11/85)

In article <704@unc.unc.UUCP> rentsch@unc.UUCP (Tim Rentsch) writes:

>"Four hours later I parked my car under the dwarf maples and walked
>up the gravel driveway to the Same mansion.  It had been snowing in
.
.
.

>'Are those my cues?'
>
>'Yes, and they must be dry by now.  Why don't you pull them out of
>the cellophane before they scorch?'  "

"Oh, Nick, I'm so confused!"
"Just hold your thumb by your place in the script--"
"Huh?"
"That way I don't get confused."

and

"No, no, you don't understand radio.  To return us to the present all
I have to do is fade my voice out like this [voice fading] and cue the
organist.  [Organ chords]

and of course, Nick asking if he didn't say that line on the other side
of the record.  For those of you who don't recognize any of this, this
is from "How Can You Be in Two Places at Once", which I think is their
most brilliant(?) record.
--

                     "My heart is black and my lips are cold..."
                     Allen Grabert (...ittatc!bunker!allen)