[comp.binaries.apple2] IIGif for the Apple //c

js7@CUNIXA.CC.COLUMBIA.EDU (Jackson) (07/17/89)

Hi there Netfolks,

	Could anyone out there possibly help me with something?  I
want to know if there is a program out for the Apple //c that I can
use to view gif files.  I already have IIGif, but it's missing some
options that I would like to have.  I've seen a program called tgif
for the IBM's which does halftone pre-processing on gif files and then
displays them.  Also, another program I've seen for the IBM's allows
you to shift the absolute screen origin to be at any point in the gif
file.  For example, if the original picture was 1024 x 1024 and your
screen can only support 320 x 200, then you can move the origin around
and enlarge that section of the picture, in essence, cropping the
image.  IIGif allows you to do this in a very limited way.  I would
like to be able to do it with a little more control, however.  Also, a
little more control in the magnification area would be nice as well.
And how about a grey scale-color conversion?  If anyone has such a
creature, could you PLEASE drop me a line?  I would greatly appreciate
it.  Thanks in advance.

					-- Jackson
					   js7@cunixa.cc.columbia.edu
				           CompuServe 71301,3211

P.S.  Please email me or post to the net whichever is convenient.  Try
the cunixa.cc.columbia.edu account before the CompuServe account.
Thanks.

js7@CUNIXA.CC.COLUMBIA.EDU (Jackson) (07/26/89)

Date: Sun, 16 Jul 1989 16:14:51 EDT
From: Jackson <js7@cunixa.cc.columbia.edu>