[net.games.trivia] Orphaned Response

seth@hp-kirk.UUCP (08/05/83)

#R:sri-unix:3800011:hp-kirk:7900005:000:149
hp-kirk!seth    Aug  3 19:42:00 1983

My wife is pretty sure that the Munsters slept in the same bed,
and that this show pre-dated the Brady Bunch.

--Seth Alford
Corvallis OR
hp-cvd!seth

andrew@inmet.UUCP (04/06/84)

#R:utcsrgv:-361300:inmet:14100011:177600:316
inmet!andrew    Apr  5 10:11:00 1984

Rolling Stone's Book Of Rock Lists has a section devoted to songs which
became commercials.  The book itself is embarassingly inaccurate, so I
wouldn't suggest buying it... but if I can borrow a copy, I'll post
the list they came up with.

Andrew W. Rogers, Intermetrics   ...{harpo|ihnp4|ima|esquire}!inmet!andrew

emjej@uokvax.UUCP (04/29/84)

#R:hogpd:-28200:uokvax:7300002:37777777600:439
uokvax!emjej    Apr 29 14:07:00 1984

/***** uokvax:net.games.triv / ea!mwm /  9:52 pm  Feb 29, 1984 */
Huh?

How I need a drink after all those heavy lectures involving quantum mechanics
3   1  4   1   5     9?   3    6

Doesn't seem to work....
/* ---------- */

A subordinate clause dropped out somewhere; it's

How I need a drink, alcoholic of course, after the heavy lectures...
3   1 4    1 5      9         2  6       5     3   5     8...

						teetotalin' James Jones

andrew@inmet.UUCP (06/24/84)

#R:link:-18400:inmet:14100017:000:165
inmet!andrew    Jun 23 17:39:00 1984

> The Crew Cuts were a white group that covered "Sh-Boom." If I knew the
> name of the black group that did it originally, I'd tell you. Help?

The Chords, Cat 104.

mjs@inmet.UUCP (07/05/84)

#R:hlhop:-31100:inmet:14100019:177600:157
inmet!mjs    Jul  4 10:42:00 1984

Her name WAS Jeanie, but it was Jeanie II.  (Jeanie, too!)

                                Alan Taylor
                                harpo!inmet!mjs

michaelf@ISM780.UUCP (03/05/85)

	   It sounds like they're all de-composing now.

woof@hpfclm.UUCP (woof) (05/12/85)

> 	Also what other foods, that used to be sold, can you
>  	people remember, that is no longer sold?
> --
>           		John Wersan

Breakfast cereals:

Anybody  remember  Crispy  Critters?  I was trying to  remember  all the
special  animals that appeared in it.  They changed them every once in a
while.  I only  remember  'Crispy  Critters  with  Pink  Elephants'  and
'Crispy Critters with Orange Moose'.

I haven't  seen  Ruskets  lately  (a prize in every  package!).  And how
about Krumbles, that looked like brown fingernail  clippings, but tasted
great!

Steve Wolf					 Hewlett-Packard Company
[ihnp4|hplabs]!hpfcla!woof			  Fort Collins, Colorado

chan@hpfcma.UUCP (chan) (05/12/85)

I remember Cool McCool

"C, Double-o, L
Emcee, D, Double-o, L.
Cool McCool"

Now, does anyone remember Lancelot Link, Secret Chimp?

smk@axiom.UUCP (Steven M. Kramer) (05/19/85)

> Now, does anyone remember Lancelot Link, Secret Chimp?

Of course.  My favorite line was (just because the situation was soo silly):

"Lance, how do you want your eggs?"
--
	--steve kramer
	{allegra,genrad,ihnp4,utzoo,philabs,uw-beaver}!linus!axiom!smk	(UUCP)

rick@siemens.UUCP (05/21/85)

Remember the jingle for Crispy Critters?
"Get the funny pink elephants.
 Put 'em on your spoon.
 Get the funny pink elephants
 Real, real soon!"
something like that anyway...
Hey, who remembers "The (Clark's) Teaberry Shuffle"?

jeff@rtech.UUCP (Jeff Lichtman) (05/22/85)

> > 	Also what other foods, that used to be sold, can you
> >  	people remember, that is no longer sold?
> > --
> >           		John Wersan
>
> Breakfast cereals:
>
> Anybody  remember  Crispy  Critters?  I was trying to  remember  all the
> special  animals that appeared in it.  They changed them every once in a
> while.  I only  remember  'Crispy  Critters  with  Pink  Elephants'  and
> 'Crispy Critters with Orange Moose'.
>
> Steve Wolf					 Hewlett-Packard Company

I don't remember all of the animals, but I do remember the commercials.
Every time someone mentioned "Post Crispy Critters", the cartoon announcer
would be run over by a stampede of animals, while offscreen voices sang
"The one and only cereal with the wonderful shape of animals".  Most of
the commercials involved someone trying to trick the announcer into saying
the magic words so he could be trampled.

I think the Schlitz Malt Liquor Bull is a retired Crispy Critter.
--
Jeff Lichtman at rtech (Relational Technology, Inc.)
aka Swazoo Koolak

{amdahl, sun}!rtech!jeff
{ucbvax, decvax}!mtxinu!rtech!jeff

unixcorn@dcc1.UUCP (math.c) (05/23/85)

>Breakfast cereals:
>
>Anybody  remember  Crispy  Critters?  I was trying to  remember  all the
>special  animals that appeared in it.  They changed them every once in a
>while.  I only  remember  'Crispy  Critters  with  Pink  Elephants'  and
>'Crispy Critters with Orange Moose'.
>
>Steve Wolf

 Call for orange moose.. Call for orange moose..

     The one and only cereal that comes in the shape of animals!..

(never ate the stuff myself but I have this brother...)

--

             unixcorn  (alias m. gould)

                   "there's a unicorn in the garden and he's eating a lily"
                    gatech!dcc1!unixcorn

jeffm@mmintl.UUCP (Jeffrey Miller) (05/30/85)

I do the Teaberry shuffle occasionally when I pop a stick of gum in my mouth.
I think the music for the commercial was from "The Mexican Shuffle" by Herb
Alpert & the Tijuana (sp?) Brass.  I still have that 45(RPM).

figmo@tymix.UUCP (Lynn Gold) (06/06/85)

> > 	Also what other foods, that used to be sold, can you
> >  	people remember, that is no longer sold?
> > --
> >           		John Wersan
>
> Breakfast cereals:
>
> Anybody  remember  Crispy  Critters?  I was trying to  remember  all the
> special  animals that appeared in it.  They changed them every once in a
> while.  I only  remember  'Crispy  Critters  with  Pink  Elephants'  and
> 'Crispy Critters with Orange Moose'.
>
> I haven't  seen  Ruskets  lately  (a prize in every  package!).  And how
> about Krumbles, that looked like brown fingernail  clippings, but tasted
> great!

> Steve Wolf					 Hewlett-Packard Company
> [ihnp4|hplabs]!hpfcla!woof			  Fort Collins, Colorado

My husband (his name is Mark Crispin) wishes he didn't remember
"The one and only cereal that's made in the shape of animals."
With his last name being what it is, you can guess what one of
the many nicknames he was tormented with as a child was.

--Lynn Gold

chan@hpfcla.UUCP (chan) (08/01/85)

> When are they going to make a computer like the Bat-Computer?

Good question. One of my favorite scenes on Batman was when the
Bat Computer analyzed a bowl of alphabet soup. I've always wanted
to have a peripheral like that -- a Liquid Food Input Device (LFID).

			-- Chan Benson
			{ihnp4 | hplabs}!hpfcla!chan
			Hewlett-Packard Company
			Fort Collins, CO
			(303) 226-3800 x3892

As usual, HP has nothing to do with what I say here. They may or may not be
working on a LFID.

jmc@inset.UUCP (John Collins) (08/15/85)

In article <6900001@hpfclp.UUCP> chan@hpfcla.UUCP (chan) writes:
>......................................... I've always wanted
>to have a peripheral like that -- a Liquid Food Input Device (LFID).
>
>			-- Chan Benson

I feel really sorry for Chan - I've got one in my face. A cursory glance
at the faces of everyone round me suggests that I am not unique in this
respect. A less cursory glance around pub opening time suggests that
this device has a high throughput.
--
John M Collins		....mcvax!ist!inset!jmc
Phone:	+44 727 57267

chan@hpfcla.UUCP (11/04/85)

Let's not forget Prof. Pat Pending, and Penelope Pitstop.

			-- Chan

amc543@uiucuxa.CSO.UIUC.EDU (11/06/85)

What was Barney Rubble's occupation?

He worked in a quarry with Fred supervised by Mr. Slate.

Aaron Contorer
amc543@uiucuxa

wayne@ada-uts.UUCP (01/09/86)

>         E Pluribus Unum is Latin for "One out of many." It is the
> motto of our grand and glorious Republic and embraces the idea that
> our individuality can work together to form a perfect whole; one nation
> out of many states, one nation out of many cultures, one nation out of
> many people. I could go on, but the next time you see this on a coin
> or a dollar bill, remember that there is someone here in San Diego
> who is also working that both of us might enjoy the liberties we have.
>                                 A Fellow American,
>                                         Martin Jordan
Garrison Keillor (of A_Prairie_Home_Companion) tells a story of one of a
pair of Ancient Languages teachers at a college.  Due to a loss of
departmental funding, plus a steady decline in popularity in old tongues
("Ancient Languages is a dead subject") he was laid off.
His collegue, who still had his job, turned to him and said
"Oh well - E Pluribus Unum".

Wayne Wylupski                   ...!{ihnp4,ima}!inmet!ada-uts!wayne
"To know no History is to remain a child all one's life."  -- Cicero