[net.games.trivia] Another Trivial Pursuit Error Error

ebm@ingres.berkeley.edu.ARPA (Grady Toss) (02/10/86)

In article <5933@tekecs.UUCP> waltt@tekecs.UUCP (Walt Tucker) writes:
>While playing Trivial Pursuit the other evening, we came across this
>question (we immediately threw it out on the basis of being wrong and
>asked another):
>
>  Question: What Liverpool nightclub spawned the Beatles?
>
>  TP Answer: The Cavern Club
>
>The Cavern Club was in Hamburg, West Germany, not Liverpool.  Toss this one
>if you come across it.

Uh, The Cavern Club was in fact in Liverpool.  The Hamburg, West Germany,
venue where the Beatles performed was The Star Club.  Fetch that card out
of the circular file!

Additional Trivia:

 1/16/57	The Cavern Club opens in Liverpool, England
 3/21/61	Beatles debut at The Cavern Club
11/ 9/61	Brian Epstein first sees the Beatles at the Cavern Club
 4/23/62	Beatles debut at The Star Club, Hamburg, West Germany
 1/ 1/63	Beatles final performance at The Star Club
 8/ 3/63	Beatles 294th and final performance at The Cavern Club

... gt (#1 Maynard G. Krebbs Fan)