[net.games.trivia] Another Trivial Pursuit Error

waltt@tekecs.UUCP (Walt Tucker) (02/05/86)

While playing Trivial Pursuit the other evening, we came across this
question (we immediately threw it out on the basis of being wrong and
asked another):

  Question: What Liverpool nightclub spawned the Beatles?

  TP Answer: The Cavern Club

The Cavern Club was in Hamburg, West Germany, not Liverpool.  Toss this one
if you come across it.

rjwouthuis@watnot.UUCP (rj) (02/06/86)

  ( eat me unix, i'm blank )
:
> While playing Trivial Pursuit the other evening, we came across this
> question (we immediately threw it out on the basis of being wrong and
> asked another):
>
>   Question: What Liverpool nightclub spawned the Beatles?
>
>   TP Answer: The Cavern Club
>
> The Cavern Club was in Hamburg, West Germany, not Liverpool.  Toss this one
> if you come across it.

Toss out the idea of tossing this question.  The Cavern Club is in
Liverpool.  The Star Club is in the Reeperbahn (sp) in West Germany,
the original poster was probably thinking of this.

I wish I could delete the line below.
 if you come across it.

showard@udenva.UUCP (Mr. Blore) (02/10/86)

In article <5933@tekecs.UUCP> waltt@tekecs.UUCP (Walt Tucker) writes:
>While playing Trivial Pursuit the other evening, we came across this
>question (we immediately threw it out on the basis of being wrong and
>asked another):
>
>  Question: What Liverpool nightclub spawned the Beatles?
>
>  TP Answer: The Cavern Club
>
>The Cavern Club was in Hamburg, West Germany, not Liverpool.  Toss this one
>if you come across it.

  No, don't.  Toss Walt Tucker if you come across him.  The Cavern was in Liv-
erpool.  The Beatles played at the Star Club in Hamburg.

"And now, the song you've come for . . . 'Red Sails in the Sunset'!"
--
Mr. Blore, the DJ who would not die
                      {hplabs, seismo}!hao!udenva!showard