[net.games.trivia] Herb Edelman

jmb@nvuxh.UUCP (J M Bennett) (01/24/86)

Herb Edelman played Bert Gramus in "The Good Guys"
which ran on CBS from 9/68 to 1/70.
Also in the show were Bob Denver and Joyce Van Patten.

boren@randvax.UUCP (Pat Boren) (01/27/86)

> Herb Edelman played Bert Gramus in "The Good Guys"

This may be, but I could swear he was "Ernie" in a sitcom
with Sue Ann Langdon as his wife.  In fact, the show may
have been called Ernie, too.
--

		Patricia Boren
		decvax!randvax!boren

solomon@aero.ARPA (Steve Solomon) (01/29/86)

In article <2905@randvax.UUCP> boren@randvax.UUCP (Pat Boren) writes:
>> Herb Edelman played Bert Gramus in "The Good Guys"
>
>This may be, but I could swear he was "Ernie" in a sitcom
>with Sue Ann Langdon as his wife.  In fact, the show may
>have been called Ernie, too.

From somewhere in the deep, dull recesses of my brain, next to the reptile
stuff, I seem to recall a show named "Arnie," with Herschel Bernardi in
the title role, who has much the same television presence as Herb Edelman,
in my opinion. I also seem to recall a Sue Ann Langdon-like actress as
his wife. Could this be the show you mean?

Steve Solomon
solomon@aerospace.ARPA
{ihnp4,twg,sdcrdcf,scgvaxd,decvax}!trwrb!aero!solomon

"Wenn Forscher neben Forschern forschen, forschen Forscher Forscher."

mrc@panda.UUCP (Mike R. Connell) (01/30/86)

In article <2905@randvax.UUCP> boren@randvax.UUCP (Pat Boren) writes:
>> Herb Edelman played Bert Gramus in "The Good Guys"
>
>This may be, but I could swear he was "Ernie" in a sitcom
>with Sue Ann Langdon as his wife.  In fact, the show may
>have been called Ernie, too.
>
>		Patricia Boren

I think you are confusing Herb with Hershel Bernardi who played in a show
called "Arnie" (his wife was played by Sue Ann Langdon).

				"He's a pervert!"
				"He is not.  I know because I'm one and
					he's never at the meetings"

	MRC

john@moncol.UUCP (John Ruschmeyer) (01/30/86)

In article <2905@randvax.UUCP> boren@randvax.UUCP (Pat Boren) writes:
>> Herb Edelman played Bert Gramus in "The Good Guys"
>
>This may be, but I could swear he was "Ernie" in a sitcom
>with Sue Ann Langdon as his wife.  In fact, the show may
>have been called Ernie, too.

No, that waw "Arnie" starring Hershel Bernardi.

BTW, does anyone else remember the episode of "The Good Guys" where they
moved Bert's Place to the beach?

--
Name:		John Ruschmeyer
US Mail:	Monmouth College, W. Long Branch, NJ 07764

Give an ape control of its environment and it will fill the world with bananas.

tonti@ptsfc.UUCP (01/31/86)

In article <2905@randvax.UUCP>, boren@randvax.UUCP (Pat Boren) writes:
> > Herb Edelman played Bert Gramus in "The Good Guys"
>
> This may be, but I could swear he was "Ernie" in a sitcom
> with Sue Ann Langdon as his wife.  In fact, the show may
> have been called Ernie, too.
> --

The name of the show was ARNIE, and starred Herschel Bernardi as a dock
worker who got moved up to an executive position.

FYI - The other dj on "The Good Guys" was Ronnie Shell, after he had
made it big (?) as Gomer's buddy on Gomer Pyle.

brianu@ada-uts.UUCP (01/31/86)

>> Herb Edelman played Bert Gramus in "The Good Guys"
>This may be, but I could swear he was "Ernie" in a sitcom
>with Sue Ann Langdon as his wife.  In fact, the show may
>have been called Ernie, too.
>		Patricia Boren
No, no, no. That was Herschel Bernardi in "Arnie" aS Arnie Nuvo.
Sue Ane Langdon played his wife, Lillian Nuvo. It ran for 2 seasons,
Sept. 1970-Sept. 1972

Brian Utterback
Intermetrics Inc.
733 Concord Ave. Cambridge MA. 02138. (617) 661-1840
UUCP: {cca!ima,ihnp4}!inmet!faust!brianu
LIFE: UCLA!PCS!Telos!Cray!I**2

perkins@bnrmtv.UUCP (Henry Perkins) (02/01/86)

> > Herb Edelman played Bert Gramus in "The Good Guys"
>
> This may be, but I could swear he was "Ernie" in a sitcom
> with Sue Ann Langdon as his wife.  In fact, the show may
> have been called Ernie, too.
> --
>

> 		Patricia Boren

You're thinking of "Arnie", starring Herschel Bernardi.
--

{hplabs,amdahl,3comvax}!bnrmtv!perkins          --Henry Perkins

john@moncol.UUCP (John Ruschmeyer) (02/04/86)

In article <515@ptsfc.UUCP> tonti@ptsfc.UUCP writes:

>FYI - The other dj on "The Good Guys" was Ronnie Shell, after he had
>made it big (?) as Gomer's buddy on Gomer Pyle.

NO! NO! NO! Now you're thinking of "Good Morning, World."

--

mark@mrstve.UUCP (Mark Smith) (02/05/86)

In article <161@moncol.UUCP>, john@moncol.UUCP (John Ruschmeyer) writes:
> In article <515@ptsfc.UUCP> tonti@ptsfc.UUCP writes:
> >
> >FYI - The other dj on "The Good Guys" was Ronnie Shell, after he had
> >made it big (?) as Gomer's buddy on Gomer Pyle.
>
> NO! NO! NO! Now you're thinking of "Good Morning, World."

   Could it be that this is the mysterious Herb who has never tasted a juicy
   flame broiled Whopper???

						Sorry.  I couldn't resist (:-)

--

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

  May the Quest for the ElfSword be
  your ultimate goal in life...
					  Mark Smith
      -|=======-   	GM          	  "Game Master of a Higher Order"
					  ihnp4!pur-ee!pur-phy!mrstve!mark

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

lww@rti-sel.UUCP (Leo Weisbecker) (02/11/86)

Expires:
Sender: lww

The last I heard about Herschel Bernardi is that he was the lead in
"Fiddler on the Roof" at D.C's Warner Theatre.  Does anyone know what
he's doing now.

stu16@whuxl.UUCP (Pippin) (02/11/86)

> Expires:
> Sender: lww

> The last I heard about Herschel Bernardi is that he was the lead in
> "Fiddler on the Roof" at D.C's Warner Theatre.  Does anyone know what
> he's doing now.

   He had a part on the short lived Patty Duke TV vehicle
"Hail to the Chief". I heard he's in something on B'Way at
the moment. (Or off-B'Way?)
--
                      Pippin Stuart
                      whuxl!stu16

silber@batcomputer.TN.CORNELL.EDU (Jeffrey Silber) (02/18/86)

In article <2905@randvax.UUCP> boren@randvax.UUCP (Pat Boren) writes:
>> Herb Edelman played Bert Gramus in "The Good Guys"
>
>This may be, but I could swear he was "Ernie" in a sitcom
>with Sue Ann Langdon as his wife.  In fact, the show may
>have been called Ernie, too.

The show was Arnie, and it starred Herschel Bernardi.

A million here, a million there ... they all add up.

Jeffrey A. Silber              silber@devvax.tn.cornell.edu
Business Manager               JAS@CORNELLD
Center for Theory & Simulation {decvax,ihnp4,cmcl2,vax135}!cornell!devvax!silber
   in Science & Engineering    265 Olin Hall
Cornell University             Ithaca, NY  14853