[net.followup] I WISH TO DECLARE MY UNDYING LOVE ! - culprit punished

root@glasgow.glasgow.UUCP (The Super User) (07/22/86)

> In article, singh@glasgow.glasgow.UUCP (SATNAM SINGH) writes:
> >
> >  I Satnam Singh being of sound mind and infirm body wish to declare my
> >   undying love for a fourth year (to be ) computer science student.
> >   etc

Well, I have come to the bottom of this silly message. Apparently
this was posted by another student impersonating Satnam Singh. I
would like to apologise to the world for causing them extra costs
and unnecessary reading time. The offender has been stopped from
using the system until such time as he comes and explains his
behaviour to me.

I would like to continue the policy of free access to USENET by
all our users, students and staff, and hope that they will behave
reasonably as they have by and large done so far.

The world community has may assurances that I shall personally
amputate the I-nodes of anyone who abuses the freedom of access
to USENET.

Zdravko Podolski, Systems Manager, Comp Sci Dept, Glasgow University, Scotland