[net.games.trivia] Desperately Seeking the Words to "Mister Ed" Theme Song

hav@dual.UUCP (Repo Wench) (02/21/86)

I've been asked by a couple of co-workers to help with a practical joke against
a guy named Ed here.  We need the words to the "Mister Ed" theme song (from the
TV show of the same name).  If anyone can correct and/or fill in what I already
have, I'd be eternally grateful.

     A horse is a horse, of course, of course,
     And no one can talk to a horse, of course,
     That is, of course, unless the horse
     Is the famous Mister Ed.

     We went to the source and asked the horse,
     He'll give you the answer that you'll endorse.
     He's always on a steady course,
     Talk to Mister Ed.

     <and some more that I can't remember>

     Helen Anne      {ihnp4,cbosgd,hplabs,decwrl,ucbvax,sun}!dual!hav

            /* This is a disclaimer.  I deny it all.  Period. */

Hey, there's a great future as a fry cook!  I could be manager in two years.

jtm@ncs-med.UUCP (John T. McGibbon) (02/25/86)

[.....mmmmmmmmmm!!!......}

In article <> hav@dual.UUCP (Repo Wench) writes:

>     A horse is a horse, of course, of course,
>     And no one can talk to a horse, of course,
>     That is, of course, unless the horse
>     Is the famous Mister Ed.
>
>     We went to the source and asked the horse,
			^
      Go right to the source and ask the horse,
>     He'll give you the answer that you'll endorse.
>     He's always on a steady course,
>     Talk to Mister Ed.
>
>     <and some more that I can't remember>
      People yakkity, yak a streak
      and waste the time all(of?) day,
      But Mister Ed will never speak
      Unless he has something to say

      <and some more that I can't remember either..>

(isn't it wierd?...all the stuff that accumulates and never really
goes away???)

Remember!: "When you die, you lose a very important part of your life."
				- Brooke Shields

UUCP: jtm@ncs-med	-or-  ...ihnp4!umn-cs!ncs-med!jtm

John T. McGibbon              -jtm- (612) 830-8549
National Computer Systems   > a.k.a "Snake"    at N.C.S.                    <
Health Systems Division     >                  (Not Completely Serious      <
5700 Green Circle Drive     >                   and other fun acronyms)     <
Minnetonka, MN  55343

hav@dual.UUCP (Repo Wench) (02/26/86)

In article <1220@dual.UUCP>, I wrote:

=> I've been asked by a couple of co-workers to help with a practical joke
=> against a guy named Ed here.  We need the words to the "Mister Ed" theme song
=> (from the TV show of the same name).  If anyone can correct and/or fill in
=> what I already have, I'd be eternally grateful.

Well, the votes are in (11 of them; thanks folks!), and now I know what all
of you were doing back in the '60s.  :-)  I wouldn't exactly consider it a
consensus, but the average of all votes received seemed to go something like
this:

A horse is a horse, of course, of course,
And no one can talk to a horse, of course,
That is, of course, unless the horse
Is the famous Mister Ed.

Go right to the source and ask the horse,
He'll give you the answer that you'll endorse.
He's always on a steady course,
Talk to Mister Ed.

People will yackety-yack a streak
Just to pass the time of day
But Mr. Ed will never speak
Unless he has something to say...

A horse is a horse, of course, of course,
And this one will talk to his horse, of course.
You never heard of a talking horse?
Well listen to this......
(Voice of Mr. Ed)  "I am Mr. Ed"

Again, thanks for all the answers.

P.S. (To the person who asked to know what happened):  We're having a company
     anniversary party next Friday, and the band's taking requests . . .  :-)
     There was also talk of gluing a copy of the words to his office door.

ron@brl-smoke.ARPA (Ron Natalie <ron>) (02/26/86)

> I've been asked by a couple of co-workers to help with a practical joke against
> a guy named Ed here.  We need the words to the "Mister Ed" theme song (from the
> TV show of the same name).  If anyone can correct and/or fill in what I already
> have, I'd be eternally grateful.

There is a book out in two volumes in paperback at your local bookstores
(and ones far away, too) which is a collection of TV theme songs.  It
includes all kinds of things including the words to the Andy Griffith
show.

-Ron