[comp.binaries.apple2] Public Apple IIc+ software

proctor@cme.nist.gov (Fred Proctor) (09/06/90)

My sister just got an Apple IIc+, but doesn't have a bit of software for
it.  Does anyone know of an FTP site or BBS where I can get her some
PD/shareware/freeware stuff so she can try out her new computer?  In the
same vein, where can I get binscii/shrinkit?  My plan is to get this stuff
via FTP or zmodem/kermit, get it to a Mac, then use Apple File Exchange to
convert the Mac files to ProDOS files that I can give to sis (I don't have
an Apple II).  Thanks in advance for any replies.

Fred Proctor
Nat'l Inst of Standards and Tech
proctor@cme.nist.gov
uucp!cme-durer!proctor

benji@euler.Berkeley.EDU (Benji Rudiak-Gould) (09/14/90)

In article <6275@durer.cme.nist.gov> proctor@cme.nist.gov (Fred Proctor) writes:
>My sister just got an Apple IIc+, but doesn't have a bit of software for
>it.  Does anyone know of an FTP site or BBS where I can get her some
>PD/shareware/freeware stuff so she can try out her new computer?  In the
>same vein, where can I get binscii/shrinkit?  My plan is to get this stuff
>via FTP or zmodem/kermit, get it to a Mac, then use Apple File Exchange to
>convert the Mac files to ProDOS files that I can give to sis (I don't have
>an Apple II).  Thanks in advance for any replies.
>
>Fred Proctor
>Nat'l Inst of Standards and Tech
>proctor@cme.nist.gov
>uucp!cme-durer!proctor

I guess this shouldn't really be in comp.binaries.apple2, but oh well...

From reading articles in the net and from various other places, I've found six
Apple II anonymous FTP sites...

acad3.fai.alaska.edu (??? can't get this one to work)
husc6.harvard.edu
plains.nodak.edu
wuarchive.wustl.edu
e.ms.uky.edu
tybalt.caltech.edu

I think all of these have IIc+ programs. (I haven't really noticed, I have a
GS). They also have binscii and shrinkit. If anyone knows of any other sites,
I'd like to know about them, and probably other people would too...

--
Benji Rudiak-Gould
benji@euler.berkeley.edu