[comp.binaries.apple2] Bouncing Bluster

SPC1@psuvm.psu.edu (Sean Costella) (09/19/90)

Well, I've had some good luck and some bad luck.  I finally figured out how to
get Bouncing Bluster to work.  However, I can't get it to work all the way.
What I mean by this is I can get the game to go througth the intro all the way
to where you pick which script you want to use.  Well I pick a script, tell it
that only one player is desired, then it gives me 'VOLUME NOT FOUND PRODOS
ERROR $0045'.  If anyone knows what file it's looking for, I'd appreciate if
you would either post it or send it to me.  I have a feeling that's where the
bad CRC data occurs, but I'm not sure.

If anyone out there is stuck even before this just drop me a note and I'll tell
you how I got it to this point.

                               Thanx,
                                   Seeen

fadden@cory.Berkeley.EDU (Andy McFadden) (09/20/90)

In article <90262.052507SPC1@psuvm.psu.edu> SPC1@psuvm.psu.edu (Sean Costella) writes:
>                                                 Well I pick a script, tell it
>that only one player is desired, then it gives me 'VOLUME NOT FOUND PRODOS
>ERROR $0045'.  If anyone knows what file it's looking for, I'd appreciate if
>you would either post it or send it to me.  I have a feeling that's where the
>bad CRC data occurs, but I'm not sure.

Not a file, a volume.  The volume name of the second disk has to be
"BB.DATA" (look in the script file itself).  Rename the volume and it'll work.

BTW, my copy didn't give any CRC errors (at least sciibin and shrinkit didn't
complain).

--
fadden@cory.berkeley.edu (Andy McFadden)
..!ucbvax!cory!fadden