[comp.binaries.apple2] BinSCII help needed

rda208l@monu6.cc.monash.edu.au (c.j. 8841951 ray) (10/23/90)

I was hoping someone out there could help me....
I've been trying to use BinSCII with my Apple //c but am having some trouble.

For example.....
  If I'm using a disk named /TEST

  And I want to Un-encode a text file, it asks for the source file
  To which I type /TEST/FILE.TXT        (The text version)

  It then asks for the destination, to which I reply with..
  /TEST/????

I have tried MANY different combinations, but none seem to work.
Any help would be appreciated!
--

. .         Charles Ray.                          | "You say, times are tough.
 U          Monash University, Caulfield Campus.  |  We've got the best of both

toddpw@tybalt.caltech.edu (Todd P. Whitesel) (10/24/90)

rda208l@monu6.cc.monash.edu.au (c.j. 8841951 ray) writes:

>For example.....
>  If I'm using a disk named /TEST

>  And I want to Un-encode a text file, it asks for the source file
>  To which I type /TEST/FILE.TXT        (The text version)

>  It then asks for the destination, to which I reply with..
>  /TEST/????

Try /TEST

Binscii is asking for the name of the directory itself; it will create any and
all decoded pieces to the correct filename(s) within that directory.

Todd Whitesel
toddpw @ tybalt.caltech.edu