[net.followup] What a waste!

djb@gatech.CSNET (David J. Buechner) (07/20/86)

In article <1150@erix.UUCP> mike@erix.UUCP (Mike Williams) writes:
>In article <56@uwmacc.UUCP> rick@uwmacc.UUCP (Rick Keir) writes:
>>	The rest of the world is up to its neck in its own atrocities, and is in
>>no position to complain about America.
>>
>And vice versa??????

First we have the Indian discussion which contains (apparently) more mis-
information and speculation than anything else.  Then if that were not enough
we just *have* to add some "my country is better than yours!" messages
(although I consider Mike's response more than appropriate rebuttal to the
embarrassing junk put out by my fellow American).  Needless to say, I suspect
that the discussions that occasionally pop up in various places about the
drain on system resources, and whether it's worth it or not, involved in
carrying on this network.  Can we please stop this junk for at least a
little bit and save ourselves some resources, aggravation, etc.?

While I'm in one of these moods:  The rest of the world has as much right to
complain about America as we do to complain about the rest of the world -
every right!  The person who posted here and said we should also complain
about problems internal to wherever we are too was so right.  But past that
how 'bout suggesting some things to *do* about the things you bitch about?
Suggest something, tell us something you tried and whether it worked or not,
or SOMETHING!  But don't just bitch.......

Sorry, I get carried away sometimes, but I still think what I just said.

--------------------------
David Buechner
UUCP : ...!{akgua,allegra,emory,rlgvax,sb1,ut-ngp,ut-sally}!gatech!djb
ARPA : djb.gatech@CSNet-Relay                   CSNET : djb@gatech
BITNET: sys1db@gitvm3
Federal snail : Ga. Tech P.O. Box 33336, Atlanta, Georgia 30332

"Smile - it makes people wonder what you're up to!"

eric@chronon.UUCP (Eric Black) (07/23/86)

In article <2400002@ztivax.UUCP> david@ztivax.UUCP writes:
>In Australia they just don't let any minorities in!  Works great!

We found out too late we should have done the same thing on this
continent a few hundred years ago.  Now *we're* the minority.

--
Eric Black   "Garbage In, Gospel Out"
UUCP:        {sun,pyramid,hplabs,amdcad}!chronon!eric