[comp.binaries.apple2] Chinese Ch`in Piece ???

avery@netcom.COM (Avery Colter) (02/09/91)

jjstrout@miavx1.acs.muohio.edu writes:

>This is a simple request:

>PLEASE, put a file description at the top of files you post!!!

I usually do, must have slipped this time.

Retroactive description:

The file is an SHK archive of Plum Flowers, a piece for the
Ch`in. The Ch`in is a very old, long-bearded ancestor of the koto
which is still played widely in China.

If you don't know what a koto is, there's no hope for you. <grin>

--
Avery Ray Colter    {apple|claris}!netcom!avery  {decwrl|mips|sgi}!btr!elfcat
(415) 839-4567   "I feel love has got to come on and I want it:

avery@netcom.COM (Avery Colter) (02/11/91)

avery@netcom.COM (Avery Colter) writes:

>The file is an SHK archive of Plum Flowers, a piece for the
>Ch`in. The Ch`in is a very old, long-bearded ancestor of the koto
>which is still played widely in China.

>If you don't know what a koto is, there's no hope for you. <grin>

For the hopeless, the koto is the Japanese bridged long zither.
The Ch`in is bridgeless and played differently, but still a long
zither, and so much of the same relaxing effect can be drawn from either.

Also, the song is Soundsmith.