[comp.binaries.apple2] System Disk 5.04 Resource Manager FIX

delaneyg@wnre.aecl.CA ("H. Grant Delaney") (02/26/91)

This message was originally submitted  by delaneyg@WNRE.AECL.CA to the APPLE2-L
list  at BROWNVM.  If  you simply  forward  it back  to the  list,  it will  be
distributed with the paragraph you are now reading being automatically removed.
If you  edit the  contributions you  receive into  a digest,  you will  need to
remove this  paragraph before mailing the  result to the list.  Finally, if you
need more information from the author of this message, you should be able to do
so by simply replying to this note.

----------------- Message requiring your approval (39 lines) ------------------
Here is an init that Sean Quick put up on genie to fix an unspecified bug in the
system 5.04 .

FiLeStArTfIlEsTaRt
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz0123456789()
ORESOURCEFIX.SHKAUgeAAAACA(4EIAg2yDABZhEGYitAUgeAMku
GVvTlzW6B4coAAAAWIBBAsxWFIAAbZhEAAwGAEgAAAAAAAAA6BAAAAQBAAAAAAAA
GVvT5TD2DAAPAMAABAAAAoDAAAw4AcLAAAAAAAAAAAQAbZRCAAwGPAgAbslFCAAA
WIBBAsxWAIAAAAAAAAwAAAAALAAAAAAAAAAIAAAABAAAAAAAAAAADACACAAAAAAA
ICAAB4JLeCAAAAQAzVmUyV3bGV2YAgVSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
[...]
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAwJAAAAAAAAAAAAVAAAAAIABAEAA
AAYAAAAAAAAAAAAABAAAAAAAsAAAAIEATVkUSV1TGV0QFtQSyBHezNXZh9GTUJPZ
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAgCAAAACAAAAEOAlCAAAAAAAEghAcBAAAAACQgCBAAAQAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAgAAAAAABALFJFAV90UFNkUSlkRPNVRDJVVJZURBIAAAAAAAAAA
AAQpKAAAAIABAEAAAABAAAAAAAAAAAAACAAAAAAAsAAAAAEATVkUSV1TGV0QFJVS
V90UFNkUynkRAAQpruEAcCjwcCwocCwniAQohDAqjCgKAAAAtiGspAwoJ)3)wOAB
AQfXeIKAAICB6HOAKCFs)9fKBIQy0fEs0DAAiCKAiAyAhDAA3Ar(A8pjAAA9gCA9
gMgoAAgIwqf4h6IJiqNAiIgHhDAAA8ZreIKSAIiAiGOAiMgHhDAAD4hoAAgIwIc4
A8ZrIhA8hMgoAAgIh2a4IAPADIKSAISIYEOAAAwaAAAALcPAAAAAFgAAasACp51S
1HJhTAwAAMKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AYAa

gwyn@smoke.brl.mil (Doug Gwyn) (02/28/91)

In article <64*delaneyg@wnre.aecl.ca> delaneyg@wnre.aecl.CA ("H. Grant Delaney") writes:
>Here is an init that Sean Quick put up on genie to fix an unspecified bug in the
>system 5.04 .

As I recall, it wasn't "unspecified" -- it was an attempt to close the
open resource file that gets in the way of block I/O operations to the
boot filesystem.  I'm not sure this patch would be a wise idea..

In article <15340@smoke.brl.mil> gwyn@smoke.brl.mil (Doug Gwyn) writes:
>In article <64*delaneyg@wnre.aecl.ca> delaneyg@wnre.aecl.CA ("H. Grant Delaney") writes:
>>Here is an init that Sean Quick put up on genie to fix an unspecified bug in the
>>system 5.04 .
>
>As I recall, it wasn't "unspecified" -- it was an attempt to close the
>open resource file that gets in the way of block I/O operations to the
>boot filesystem.  I'm not sure this patch would be a wise idea..

This INIT was an attempt by Shawn to correct a behavior in the Resource
Manager that he (at the time) did not understand was not a problem.  Although
I don't think it causes any harm, I recommend against using it.