[comp.binaries.apple2] LF -> CR Shell routine wanted

cskerr@uokmax.ecn.uoknor.edu (Charles S Kerr) (04/28/91)

Someone recently posted a shell command that would switch text from linefeed
to carriage return format; unfortunately, I missed it and it's now expired.  If
anyone would care to repost it or mail it to me, I would appreciate it..

Charles

.no sig

avery@netcom.COM (Avery Colter) (04/29/91)

Well, the best lf-cr program I have seen for the GS so far is Textdragon.
That's not a shell command tho, but a full desktop app.

The C code for such a thing would be pretty simple.

Are you using a GS, or an 8 bit machine?

--
  ^     ^ 	Avery Ray Colter
 /^\___/^\    	avery@netcom.com		{apple|claris}!netcom!avery

meekins@anaconda.cis.ohio-state.edu (Tim Meekins) (05/01/91)

In article <1991Apr29.064948.17315@netcom.COM> avery@netcom.COM (Avery Colter) writes:
>Well, the best lf-cr program I have seen for the GS so far is Textdragon.
>That's not a shell command tho, but a full desktop app.

Try CONV from Jawaid Bazyar's ShellStuff. It's ftpable from a variety of sites.
--
|/ Tim Meekins                  <<>> Snail Mail:           <<>>  Apple II  \|