[comp.std.c] Ansi Stardards Draft

cgh018@tijc02.UUCP (Calvin Hayden ) (06/02/89)

Ok, I have my asbestos suit on for this one.  One of my users
wants to know where to obtain a copy of the latest (or fairly
recent) version of the Ansi C Stardards.  Many of the postings
here mention the document.  I seldom read this newsgroup, so
email would be appropriate.  Yes, I know it seems a 'stupid'
question, and is probably one that falls into the category of
most-often-asked-and-a-month-later-asked-again questions, but
replies would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Calvin Hayden
Texas Instr.
Johnson City, TN.
...mcnc!rti!tijc02!root

walter@hpclwjm.HP.COM (Walter Murray) (06/02/89)

> One of my users wants to know where to obtain a copy of the latest (or fairly
> recent) version of the Ansi C Stardards.

Global Engineering Documents
2805 McGaw Avenue
Irvine, CA  92714
Call (800) 854-7179 and ask for Document X3.159.
Have your credit card number available.
The cost is about $70.00, which includes the dpANS and the Rationale.

I have not done business with them myself, but the people
who answer the phone are friendly and helpful.  The last
time I called, they did have the latest (December 7, 1988) draft
available.

Walter Murray
-------------

sarima@gryphon.COM (Stan Friesen) (06/04/89)

In article <12570011@hpclwjm.HP.COM> walter@hpclwjm.HP.COM (Walter Murray) writes:

>Global Engineering Documents
>2805 McGaw Avenue
>Irvine, CA  92714
>Call (800) 854-7179 and ask for Document X3.159.
>Have your credit card number available.
>The cost is about $70.00, which includes the dpANS and the Rationale.
>
>I have not done business with them myself, but the people
>who answer the phone are friendly and helpful.  The last
>time I called, they did have the latest (December 7, 1988) draft
>available.

	Since when do they have the Dec, 1988 draft?  If these are the
people we dealt with, the last time we talked they said they had nothing
beyond the Jan, 1988 draft!  And they promised to notify us if any new
ones came in.   Oh well, I guess *we* call *them* again and see what they
say.
--
Sarima Cardolandion			sarima@gryphon.CTS.COM
aka Stanley Friesen			rutgers!marque!gryphon!sarima

walter@hpclwjm.HP.COM (Walter Murray) (06/06/89)

>>Global Engineering Documents
>>Call (800) 854-7179 and ask for Document X3.159.
>>The cost is about $70.00, which includes the dpANS and the Rationale.

> 	Since when do they have the Dec, 1988 draft?  If these are the
> people we dealt with, the last time we talked they said they had nothing
> beyond the Jan, 1988 draft!

I just called today and was told they have the 12/7/88 draft in
stock.  The Rationale is on back order.  The combined price is
still $70.00.

Walter