[net.music] Simple Request

apt@inmet.UUCP (08/12/85)

Could somebody tell me what "b/w" on a 45 stands for?  I know it means the
song on the flip-side.  Maybe I'm stupid, but I can't find any words that
fit that also make sense.  I know it doesn't mean "black and white".
(Or does it? :-).  Thanks.

			-=:| Alan Taylor |:=-

			      ...harpo!inmet!apt
			      ...hplabs!sri-unix!cca!ima!inmet!apt
			      ...yale-comix!ima!inmet!apt

larry@prism.UUCP (08/14/85)

> Could somebody tell me what "b/w" on a 45 stands for?  I know it means the
> song on the flip-side.  Maybe I'm stupid, but I can't find any words that
> fit that also make sense.  I know it doesn't mean "black and white".
> (Or does it? :-).  Thanks.
>
>			-=:| Alan Taylor |:=-

"backed with"

lkk@teddy.UUCP (08/14/85)

In article <58300003@inmet.UUCP> apt@inmet.UUCP writes:

>Could somebody tell me what "b/w" on a 45 stands for?  I know it means the
>song on the flip-side.  Maybe I'm stupid, but I can't find any words that
>fit that also make sense.  I know it doesn't mean "black and white".
>(Or does it? :-).  Thanks.

I beleive it stands for "backed with".

--

Sport Death,
Larry Kolodney

chrisb@haddock.UUCP (08/14/85)

I think it means "backed with", but I'm not sure.

dnj@linus.UUCP (David N. Juitt) (08/15/85)

In article <58300003@inmet.UUCP> apt@inmet.UUCP writes:

>Could somebody tell me what "b/w" on a 45 stands for?  I know it means the
>song on the flip-side.  Maybe I'm stupid, but I can't find any words that
>fit that also make sense.  I know it doesn't mean "black and white".
>(Or does it? :-).  Thanks.
>
>			-=:| Alan Taylor |:=-
>
>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I once tried to find out what it meant, also. I was never sure if
I found the right answer but the closest I got was "backed with".

<In some other article Pete DaSilva asks about a certain video...>

Oh and about the pencil animation video. It's by Ah Hah, a band
from Norway. I don't who did the animation but it's great. It
really is one of my favorites. But then I'm not a very good judge,
I don't even have MTV :-).

-----								    -----
Dave Juitt                    * In addition, I'll have to insist you
                                      return your company car.
UUCP: ..linus!security!dnj    ** NOT THE COMPANY CAR.....the Porsche?...
ARPA:  dnj@mitre-bedford              ......Both of them?!?

jcjeff@ihlpg.UUCP (Richard Jeffreys) (08/16/85)

Alan, I tried to send mail, but it got bounced back.

> Could somebody tell me what "b/w" on a 45 stands for?  I know it means the
> song on the flip-side.  Maybe I'm stupid, but I can't find any words that
> fit that also make sense.  I know it doesn't mean "black and white".
> (Or does it? :-).  Thanks.
>	 			-=:| Alan Taylor |:=-

b/w = backed with

you may also have seen c/w. c/w = coupled with.

--
 [ Why pander life's complexities,
            when the leather runs smooth on the passenger seat - The Smiths ]

todd@SCIRTP.UUCP (Todd Jones) (08/16/85)

> Could somebody tell me what "b/w" on a 45 stands for?

		Backed With

-todd jones

hall@beta.DEC (Dan Hall) (08/17/85)

> Could somebody tell me what "b/w" on a 45 stands for?  I know it means the
> song on the flip-side.  Maybe I'm stupid, but I can't find any words that
> fit that also make sense.  I know it doesn't mean "black and white".
> (Or does it? :-).  Thanks.
>
>			-=:| Alan Taylor |:=-

I always assumed that meant "backed with".  The one that keeps me guessing
is "c/w" which I've seen used instead of "b/w".

Dan Hall
dec-rhea!dec-beta!hall

rlr@pyuxd.UUCP (Rich Rosen) (08/17/85)

> Could somebody tell me what "b/w" on a 45 stands for?  I know it means the
> song on the flip-side.  Maybe I'm stupid, but I can't find any words that
> fit that also make sense.  I know it doesn't mean "black and white".
> (Or does it? :-).  Thanks.
> 			-=:| Alan Taylor |:=-

I always thought it meant "backed with"  (e.g., "Hey, Jude" b/w "Revolution").
But I've never had that confirmed.
--
Meanwhile, the Germans were engaging in their heavy cream experiments in
Finland, where the results kept coming out like Swiss cheese...

ben@moncol.UUCP (Bennett Broder) (08/19/85)

>Could somebody tell me what "b/w" on a 45 stands for?  I know it means the
>song on the flip-side.  Maybe I'm stupid, but I can't find any words that
>fit that also make sense.  I know it doesn't mean "black and white".
>(Or does it? :-).  Thanks.

It stands for "backed with"

Ben Broder
..ihnp4!princeton!moncol!ben

man@bocar.UUCP (M Nevar) (08/19/85)

b/w stands for backed with

kimery@wdl1.UUCP (Sam Kimery) (08/22/85)

> Could somebody tell me what "b/w" on a 45 stands for?

backed with .......

			Sam