[comp.std.c] cfree

lfk@athena.mit.edu (Lee F Kolakowski) (07/15/90)

I am trying to port some code to a MSDOS machine and all is fine except this function cfree(). It looks like some brain dead version of free which some other arguments. Any way, the three unix machines I use (HUX, BSD and Irix) have never heard it cfree in the man pages but, the BSD libc.a has it in there.

Could some one send me an implementation based on free, or describe it
to me well enough, so that I can make it work?

Thanks in advance.

--

Frank Kolakowski

|lfk@athena.mit.edu                     ||      Lee F. Kolakowski    |
|lfk@eastman2.mit.edu                   ||	M.I.T.		     |
|kolakowski@wccf.mit.edu                ||	Dept of Chemistry    |
|lfk@mbio.med.upenn.edu		        ||	Room 18-506	     |
|lfk@hx.lcs.mit.edu                     ||	77 Massachusetts Ave.|
|AT&T:  1-617-253-1866                  ||	Cambridge, MA 02139  |
|                         #include <woes.h>         		     |
|		           One-Liner Here!                           |

gwyn@smoke.BRL.MIL (Doug Gwyn) (07/15/90)

In article <1990Jul14.214617.2071@athena.mit.edu> lfk@athena.mit.edu (Lee F Kolakowski) writes:
>Could some one send me an implementation based on free, or describe it
>to me well enough, so that I can make it work?

cfree() is just an obsolete duplicate name for free().
Change "cfree" to "free".

>cfree() is just an obsolete duplicate name for free().
>Change "cfree" to "free".

Obsolete yes, duplicate no; "cfree()" took three arguments, the latter
two of which are ignored in the implementations I know about.  Change
"cfree(a, b, c)" to "free(a)".