[comp.std.c] conformity of K&R2 to standard

poser@csli.Stanford.EDU (Bill Poser) (10/05/90)

K&R2 is based on the DPANS. Is there a summary available
anywhere of deviations between K&R2 and the final standard?
Are there any?

bhoughto@cmdnfs.intel.com (Blair P. Houghton) (10/06/90)

In article <15675@csli.Stanford.EDU> poser@csli.Stanford.EDU (Bill Poser) writes:
>K&R2 is based on the DPANS. Is there a summary available
>anywhere of deviations between K&R2 and the final standard?
>Are there any?

Dennis Ritchie (or was it Kernighan?) posted (yes, _he_
posted it) a couple of pages of addenda for K&R2 some time
last winter.  Unfortunately, I've changed machines (states,
paradigms, etc...) since then and can't get access to some
of my old stuff (nor hard-access to an outside net, in fact).

Therefore, this posting takes the form of a reminder, and
asks if anyone who might have saved that posting would
you please send Bill a copy and cc me as well?

				--Blair
				  "Net cops are everywhere.
				   What we need are more
				   grammar police..."