[comp.std.c] Compliant libraries

drady@oracle.com (Doug Rady) (10/31/90)

Is there a set of  ANSI C  and/or  POSIX  compliant libraries publicly
available on or off the net?
I've inquired about the  dLibs  project mentioned here in Nov. of last
year but have gotten no response so far.  That is the only set of libraries
that I currently know of.

I'm attempting to port some GNU and other Unix software to the wonderfully
proprietary world of D.G. AOS/VS.  The D.G. compiler is "approximately"
ANSI compilant but the libraries are still a cross of System III and
System Vr1 and Vr2 with a little BSD 4.2 thrown in for inconsistency.  This
inconsistency makes porting longer and a real pain.

Any help/info would be most appreciated.
Thanks!

Doug Rady	Oracle Corp.,  415/506-2698

drady@oracle.com   OR  drady@oracle.UUCP

gwyn@smoke.brl.mil (Doug Gwyn) (11/01/90)

In article <1990Oct30.172010.8304@oracle.com> drady@oracle.UUCP (Doug Rady) writes:
>I've inquired about the  dLibs  project mentioned here in Nov. of last
>year but have gotten no response so far.  That is the only set of libraries
>that I currently know of.

That is also the only such project I know of, although perhaps GNU and 4.4BSD
C libraries are likely candidates.

dLibs, for a good chunk of which I was point of contact, seems to have gone
into a state of limbo.  I haven't seen any traffic on the dLibs mailing
list for many months.  I do have a fair number of library routines on hand,
but by no means a complete set.