[comp.std.c] is "declaration-list" missing?

mike@cbnewsl.att.com (michael.scott.baldwin) (12/27/90)

the syntax in section 3.7.1 (function definitions)
of ansi x3.159-1989 mentions "declaration-list".
however, i cannot find any syntax grammar definition
of it anywhere in the standard.  is it a bug in
the standard, or am i hosed?
--
michael.scott.baldwin@att.com (bell laboratories)

diamond@tkou02.enet.dec.com ("diamond@tkovoa") (12/27/90)

Subject: Re: is "declaration-list" missing?
In article <1990Dec26.204329.2898@cbnewsl.att.com> mike@cbnewsl.att.com (michael.scott.baldwin) writes:

>the syntax in section 3.7.1 (function definitions)
>of ansi x3.159-1989 mentions "declaration-list".
>however, i cannot find any syntax grammar definition
>of it anywhere in the standard.  is it a bug in
>the standard, or am i hosed?

Neither.  Its definition in 3.6.2 is understandable when you see it, but
not exactly the most obvious place to look if you don't already know.
--
Norman Diamond       diamond@tkov50.enet.dec.com