[comp.std.c] Preprocessor Re: Want the word on __STDC__

timlee@public.btr.com (02/22/91)

dhesi%cirrusl@oliveb.ATC.olivetti.com (Rahul Dhesi) writes:
|In <1991Feb20.175702.28682@zoo.toronto.edu> henry@zoo.toronto.edu
|(Henry Spencer) writes:
|
|     ...since many C compilers do not *have* a separate preprocessor.
|
|I may have to eat my words, but after extensive searching, I haven't
|yet found any commercially available C compiler that wasn't accompanied
|by a separately invokable preprocessor.

Do you mean a separate preprocessor program or a command line option
to "preprocess only"?  A C compiler may lack a separate preprocessor
but allow the main program to be invoked with a "preprocess only" option.

dhesi%cirrusl@oliveb.ATC.olivetti.com (Rahul Dhesi) (02/23/91)

In <1864@public.BTR.COM> timlee@public.btr.com writes:

>Do you mean a separate preprocessor program or a command line option
>to "preprocess only"?

What I meant was that I haven't seen anything that acts like a duck and
quacks like a duck and tastes like a duck (with a little coriander and
cumin) that I wouldn't call a duck.
--
Rahul Dhesi <dhesi%cirrusl@oliveb.ATC.olivetti.com>
UUCP:  oliveb!cirrusl!dhesi