[comp.std.c] no type-specifier ==> int

bhoughto@hopi.intel.com (Blair P. Houghton) (03/19/91)

Anyone see more verbose evidence that a blank
type-specifier indicates type-specifier `int' than the two
instances of, "or no type specifiers," at (ANSI X3.159-1989,
sec. 3.5.2, p. 60, ll. 11 and 26)?

				--Blair
				  "If the signature contains a blank
				   quotation or no quotation, then the
				   reader will behave exactly as if the
				   signer had made an uproarious witticism."

diamond@jit345.swstokyo.dec.com (Norman Diamond) (03/22/91)

In article <3119@inews.intel.com> bhoughto@hopi.intel.com (Blair P. Houghton) writes:

>Anyone see more verbose evidence that a blank
>type-specifier indicates type-specifier `int' than the two
>instances of, "or no type specifiers," at (ANSI X3.159-1989,
>sec. 3.5.2, p. 60, ll. 11 and 26)?

I don't.  But I think that line 11 (along with the text at the beginning
of the section) is sufficiently verbose for this purpose.
--
Norman Diamond       diamond@tkov50.enet.dec.com